The Assault on Arkham Asylum

A boom-tube opened up right in front of the gates of Arkham Asylum. Harley Quinn, Cat Woman, and Cyborg approached the mental ward with caution, ready for anything that may happen to set them off.

The darkened building was only rivaled by the dark, twisted people that were locked inside. At least, until the Arkham Knight came around and effectively killed 70% of the inmates, leaving the rest to rot and bask in the bloody massacre that had been left behind.

“Right this way.” Selina Kyle guided. As the three walked towards the entrance of the building, Harley caught a slight whiff of pheromones in the air… Catching the same scent, Cyborg prepared his arm cannon and remained vigilant, blowing away the sweet scented air with his cannon. 

“Harley? Are you okay?” Cat woman asked. Harley barely nodded, slumping and stumbling a bit. Her loss of balance landed her right into the caring arms of Poison Ivy…

“Sweet. Sweet Harley.. This time you’ll be a good girl for Mama..” She whispered quietly. Harley smiled loosely, allowing herself to be held by Ivy as her gaze met Selina and Victor’s. Ivy then used her vines to wrap around Harley and slowly move her resting body away from the conflict.

“Arkham gave us so many memories, Selina. Bewitching guards, Late night poker, Mandatory shock therapy… Oh, wait.. You were spared. Thanks to your billionaire boy toy..” Ivy pointed out, placing her hands on her hips.

“I never asked for special treatment.” Cat Woman pointed out.

“Enough of this pity party!” Cyborg grunted, standing between Selina and Ivy.

“I bet you’re just dying to hurt me, aren’t you Tinman? It won’t bring back what you’ve lost… Especially below the waist.”

Cyborg narrowed his eyes, causing Cat Woman to feel the need to hold him back as she tried to keep the physical violence at a minimum.

“Pamela, don’t you see what’s happening? The world is being invaded. Brainiac is going to take earth and destroy whatever he believes isn’t necessary to collect. You should be helping us by letting us through.” Selina advised.

“You see.. I would help, but what guarantee do we have that I’ll be free to go once the deed is done? And with Superman being free, Harley and I are as good as dead. I’m not risking myself, Harley, or the Green.” Ivy pointed out, turning her back on the two and setting up more flowers to protect her and Harley. “I’ll make a paradise. One where I won’t be betrayed by Grodd, stalked by Batman, or be hunted down by Superman and his regime.”

“Enough talk. We got a job to do!” Cyborg shouted, preparing his arm cannon to shoot Poison Ivy. However, Ivy merely snapped her fingers and the doors busted open, revealing Killer Croc.

The beast roared and rammed into Cyborg, biting into his arm as he fired the blast and missed. Another blast was fired directly into Croc’s face, freeing Cyborg as Croc stepped back.

Killer Croc.. What did you do?” Selina turned to Ivy.

“I figured some big guns would show up eventually. So I hired some help.”

Selina, now with her claws ready, raced towards Croc and slashed at his back. His skin was too tough for a scratch to remain, and a single swing sent Selina flying. Cyborg then converted both of his arms into canons and fired both at Croc, knocking him back. Cyborg then ran in and landed a clean punch to  the lower jaw, causing the jobber to stumble back and crash into a concrete wall. Croc then tried to chomp on Cyborg again, though another punch managed to knock him out easily enough…

Turning around, Cat Woman and Cyborg prepared their weapons and claws to fight Poison Ivy, who had already escaped with Harley long ago…

“Damn it! Croc was just a distraction! Agh, Whatever. We gotta get to the Brother Eye.” Cyborg groaned. Selina nodded, guiding Victor to the Bat Cave…

~~~
~~~
~~~

Once the two made it inside of the Bat Cave, Selina guided Cyborg to Brother Eye. Cyborg noted that Brother Eye needs a clean power source. Something Brainiac can’t touch or control. Selina then noted the backup generators, which Cyborg knew would work. As they got closer, Brainiac took over almost immediately, covering the screens with portions of his own face.

“Victor Stone… The pinnacle of Human evolution.. Your humanity inhibits your true potential… You must purge it.”

“Interesting thought. Just  one problem. I’m a team player. And Humanity, that’s my team.”

“But you  are capable of so much more…”

As Cyborg and Brainiac had their back and forth, Selina ran back to turn on the generators, informing Cyborg that they were on. As soon as he was given the call. He went to work. In a matter of moments, Brother eye was taught to ignore Brainiac…

Communications were now Online.