CHAPTER 11

The next morning Izuku made sure that Shoto was disguised properly. He had given the other boy a choice on whether they dye his hair red or white, now Sho had a full head of white hair as well as pitch black contact lenses. They needed to disguise his birth quirks physical traits and the had decided that Sho would have to look like an ice demon, a goth ice demon. Izuku was sure that everybody they passed would fall for his friend.

Izuku was wearing his casual attire, a plaid shirt and black Jeans. His hair was covered by a black beanie and he had his favourite red contacts in. He had slung his backpack over his shoulder which contained his vigilante suit and space for Shoto's as well.

When they exited the beach they set out to a cafe to grab some coffee for their journey. This was the on-the-go cafe that Izuku had first met Erasurehead in, and not much to his surprise the hero was already inside when the boys entered.

Sho went to find a seat while Izuku ordered their coffee and two small pies to get them through the day, as Izu was by the register he turned to watch as Erasure approached his friend. He knows... why is the cashier taking so long? Hurry up he's getting closer, oh jesus have mercy on us because your father certainly did not. Oh shiiiiii- he's talking! Izuku willed the lady behind the counter to move faster and as soon as his change was in his hand he made a point of making himself seem chilled as he walked to Shoto.

"It'll be done in about five minutes." He glanced at the hero from the corner of his eye, I guess I need to acknowledge him. "Hi there Erasure."

The pro hero hummed in response but didnt seem to read the two boy's moods. The hero took a seat next to Izuku who decided it was best to ignore him. The boys held their conversation in small hushed voices and every now and then they would giggle ferociously.

"We can stand on opposite rooftops and open fire extinguishers at him." Izuku sniggered at his suggestion and Shoto's grin grew mischievous.

"What if we just... threw the extinguishers at him." Both boys roared with laughter and after dying down a fraction Shoto mockingly shrieked out, "OH WOE IS ME!"

"IM MELTINGGGG" Izuku joined in on the fun and the two found themselves on the floor again crying out in laughter. They were acting as seven year olds. Which was expected when they hadn't been able to when they were seven, now that they could freely shout and have fun they both took full advantage of it.

Erasurehead gazed at the two giggling boys on the floor in thought. Although amusement clouded his features he was lost in his own world and only snapped out of it when a waitress dropped his coffee.

The liquid hit the ground and clinked in crystalline sounding droplets. The water roared in Izuku's ears and he was no longer in the cafe. He couldn't breath. His head was under water, his hands gripped the sink as though locked in place by iron chains as he pushed against the hand on the back of his neck. He was being pushed down under the running water by a hand made of steel. His lungs were burning.

Water sloshed over the edges of the sink as Izuku struggled to get free, to reach the surface and breath. Bubbles traveled from his mouth and slid along his face up to the surface, up to air. If only he could do that. The running water hit the back of his head and drowned his hair just as he was being drowned.

He fell back onto the soaked bathroom mat. His head bounded off the tiles and he looked up disoriented at the blurry figure looming above him. She had released him. He gasped in the sweet air, the burning in his lungs faded slowly and his ears turned into the venomous words directed his way, "YOU BRAT, WHAT RIGHT DOES A SHITSTAIN LIKE YOU HAVE TO ROAM AROUND OUTSIDE? WHO ALLOWED YOU TO ADMIRE THE BEAUTY OUT THERE? WORTHLESS DEKUS LIKE YOU DONT GET TO SEE THAT. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ALIVE! EVERY STEP YOU TAKE IS A STEP YOU'VE STOLEN FROM THOSE WHO ARE WORTHY OF LIFE! EVERY BREATH YOU'VE TAKEN IS A BREATH YOU'VE STOLEN FROM ME! What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I'm sorry ma'am, I can do better, I'll be better, I can be perfect, you may continue to punish me as you see fit." Izuku had his head bowed as he continued to spurt little "I'm sorry"s and "I'll do better"s.

"IZUKU" he kept his head down as his mother continuously shouted his name. "IZUKU LOOK AT ME" he lifted his head and saw his mother with her hand raised, about to strike him. His mother's image faltered and in her place was Shoto, then she was back. The image faltered and changed between the two until it settled on Sho.

"Hey hey Izu can you see me? She's not here. Remember? It's just you and me. She cant hurt you anymore. She cant touch you anymore and she cant get to you. She isnt here. You've got me to make sure she wont come back. Ok? You got me." Shoto continued to whisper soothingly to Izuku and when the boy was finally aware of their surroundings they both left the cafe with their food and coffee as soon as possible.

When the two were far away from the restuarant and were getting closer to their destination Shoto turned to speak, "when Erasurehead came up to me he asked me if I knew you were... well, you."

"What did he ask you about me specifically?"

"If I knew that you were the missing Izuku."

"Shi- what did you say?"

"I didnt you were able to arrive in time to save me from talking to him."

Humming at Shoto in response Izuku bent down abruptly and smiled at his roommate. "This is it, you see the rabbit painted on the grate here for the sewer? That shows us that this is an entrance to the underground."

"Why a rabbit though?" Shoto bent over to watch curiously as Izuku peeled the cover off and start climbing through into the sewer system. Following close behind Shoto closed the 'lid'.

"Oh well you know how rabbits make their weird rabbit holes to sleep and hide in. Well that's kind of what the underground is they build an underground system to hide their society." Izuku studied the walls and continued to walk on until they stopped near a metal door a bit further down.

Izuku knocked and waited. Two seconds later the boys heard a gruff "what are ya here for?" Which Izuku responded with, "to befriend the watch." The door clicked and before Izuku opened it he turned and said, "follow me closely, step for step. And let me do all the speaking. Ok?" After receiving a nod he opened the door.

Stepping inside Shoto stumbled and looked around in awe, there were market stalls and tall buildings everywhere. It was as if they had taken a town from above ground and made it better, there were bright lights everywhere which gave it a futuristic sheen. They mostly wore outlandish clothing that Shoto could only describe as straight out of a sci-fi film. The buildings loomed over the markets but didnt seem ominous as you would think and the- "keep your head down and follow me."

Nodding Shoto looked down but out of the corner of his eye he could see people looking at him and Izuku. He moved closer to his friend then and soon the were walking through the space between buildings. Izuku stopped next to a shady looking door and rang the doorbell which seemed to be falling apart.

Shoto had never felt chills run through him as bad as the did when the door opened.

.
.
.
.

A/n: yeah so soon I'm gonna a write their patrols and stuff. Yes I'm excited. Oh and I'm going to start writing another bnha fic soon so look out for that.

That being said idk when I'll update again, hopefully tomorrow.

Bye~~~~