CHAPTER 21

"You piece of shit!" His hands started to twitch, he didnt know whether it was his fight or flight instinct or fear. It didnt matter which it was when in the end he froze. Fight, flight or freeze. He froze everytime.

Recoiling in pain, Izuku gazed up at his mother. Her fist retracting to swing again, her other hand held a bottle. Alcohol. Alcohol lead her to become even more aggressive. Empty bottles everywhere, beer, wine, brandy. Whatever was on special at the liquor store she would get. And Izuku would have to clean up the mess she left after her.

"I raised you, I gave you a roof over your head and I pay for your education! And this- THIS is how you repay me?" Her words were muffled to his ears, he couldn't hear through the pain of her fist jabbing into his ribs. "You ignore my rules and think you can get away with it? You ignore me, and think you can get away with it?"

The woman's chest puffed up in her rage, sinking as she let out a shrill shout, "I AM YOUR MOTHER!"

Her words were jumbled to his ears, the safest option he found, was (usually) to apologize. " 'm sorry- I didnt mean to, I'll do better! I'm sorry, I'll be perfect! It wont happen again, I swear it won- it wont happ-"

His head collided with the floor, his brain seeming to bounce around his skull, a loud slam from the collision echoed around the room.

"You worthless, usele-zuku-"

"I find it in the kindness of my heart to look after your useless ass and unlike so-"

"IZUKU!"

He couldn't get enough oxygen. Springing to a sitting position, Izuku's hands reached to claw at his neck and chest only to be restrained by someone's hands. Hands. Hands harm, hands hurt. Her hands would scrape and bruise.

Lightning fast, Izuku's eyes shot open to see her. "no- no I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I wont do it again, please, I wont. Please~" He couldn't breath. In place of the sweet air he was used to breathing in, ice burned down into his lungs.

"-uku, follow my breathing. Ok? In, out. Again, in-" his vision was blurring at the edges. "-n, out. In, out. In, out." Blinking away his tears, Izuku leant into his friend, following his directions.

Slowly, when he was feeling more calm, he pulled away from Shoto. She ismt here. She wont come here. I wont have to see her again.

"How're you feeling?"

Izuku coughed out a short humourless laugh. "Like my brain was hit with a baseball bat and dunked in lava."

"Well, at least it wasnt a sledgehammer." The floof laughed at his friends terrible attempt at lifting the mood.

"Yeah, that would feel awful." Izuku being the amazing, sarcastic coffee addict that he was decided to play along.

"That's exactly what I'm saying!" Shoto flopped beside his friend to lie in a dramatic heap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two vigilantes entered the bar, both adorning a bright middle finger directed towards the two villain idiots who rushed out the room when they saw them.

Izuku strode right in and plonked on a bar stool, Shoto froze. In front of him were two of his classmates. He knew Uraraka was a villain, she and Toga were dating and the were in the bar often. But he didnt expect to see Denki Kaminari. The innocent, loving, heroic, Denki of class 1A. He didnt expect it at all.

Off brand pikachu also didnt expect him too if his shouting was anything to go off. Although, after he was ignored by the league he let out an astonished, "Is nobody concerned about a hero student just waltzing in?"

Only then did the League decide to acknowledge him, or at least Dabi did. "Oh would you shut up?"

Shoto chose to ignore the other boy, he wasnt important to him, and Shoto would be damned if he treated him as such.

Seating himself beside his partner, he was glad he thought to take him to the league. After his friend's nightmare, Shoto had wanted to cheer him up a bit, and by the look of bliss on the other boy's face as he sipped his milkshake, Shoto knew he made the right decision.

"Hey Giri, could I have the usual please?" Shoto gave the mist man his best puppy dog eyes because sometimes the man would refuse, he would say that Shoto had already had enough cake that week and he wasnt going to feed his addiction more than necessary.

"Of course. We have a new vanilla chai tea if you would like to try that instead of your normal. Change can be good for you sometimes."

"Yeah- umm I'd like that."

Shoto sat in silence. Studying his friend for any sign of discomfort or lingering panic from that morning.

"I can literally feel you watching me." Izuku swiveled to face his friend whose mouth hung open in shock. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." Only then did Shoto tear his gaze away mumbling a soft 'attentive idiot.'

Izuku hummed, recatching Shoto's attention. But his friend kept his eyes on his milkshake, "oblivious pervert."

He squawked. Shoto literally squawked. "Pervert! At least I'm not an insomniac caffeine addict!"

"Better than being a Pokemon nerd." The offhand comment made Shoto splutter.

"Mareep is life."

"Umm excuse you, Blaziken is the best." The green vigilante had the audacity to cross his arms over that statement.

"Can you cuddle Blaziken like you can with Mareep? No because Mareep is superior."

Izuku's retort was cut off by Toga whispering in the back.

Spinning, Izuku faced her, "Himiko dear, would you like to share that with the rest of the class?"

The girl stood up and Shoto squirmed an eyebrow up at her. "I was saying, how odd it was that two of Japan's top vigilantes are fighting over a children's game."

This caught Shoto's attention. "Childrens game?!?" He fell helplessly onto his partner and fake weeped. "Did you hear that Izu? The horrific words she's spouting? How has the world come to this, how is Pokemon regarded as a game for children!"

All his friend did was whisper a soft 'there, there' while patting Shoto's head. His misery didnt last long though, a glimmer fell back into his eyes when mamagiri placed his tea and a slice of cake beside him. His delicious, rich chocolate cake.

Before he could get a bite in though, his head whipped to the bar's TV when he heard the headline.

"Pro hero:Endeavour, also known as Todoroki Enji, being put on trial for  abuse, neglect and rape.

Tune in after the break to hear the heart wrenching news.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A/n: 1000 words just so I could reveal Endeavour's trial. Idk how legal stuff works so I'm just pretending theres a trial and shit. Have a problem? Fucking bite me.

Yeah anyway, life is busy, my kitchen is being rebuilt so I haven't been able to cook or eat a proper meal. Which means that I'm tired of two minute noodles.

Anyway the kitchen is looking good so far, I might actually add a picture next chapter, I'll think about it.

Until next time OwO

Byeeee~~~