CHAPTER 18

Shoto kept in the camera's blind spots, twisting around the gardens delicate flowers and shrubs so as not to disturb his mother's beautiful handiwork. He might not see her anymore but he still loved and respected his mother, and what kind of person would he be if he trampled such beautiful blossoms just to get inside his family's own mansion undetected? He'd be a poor soul going to the pits of hell, if he wasnt going there already.

Crouching below the informal livingroom's window, the vigilante pressed a mechanical box on the window frame. He clicked the box into place and waited, the lock on the window coming undone was his signal to move.

Climbing inside the boy strode in, there were no alarm systems in place within the walls of the house, what would the mighty hero do if the alarm sounded and the cops checked the interior, only to find the family bruised and broken, the doing of none other than the number two hero?

His mask and hood were shielding his face so there was no need to hide from these cameras anyway, but the peace sign Shoto directed towards the camera was a little bit uncalled for.

Slipping into his father's office, the vigilante locked and barricaded the door. Making his way straight to the filing system on the dar side of the wall, the boy pressed yet another box to the the locked drawers. The click signaled the now unlocked drawer was ready to be rummaged through, and rummage he did. Soon Shoto had every tape he could find secure in a durable backpack he and Izuku had bought for this trip specifically.

Turning to leave, Shoto caught a slip of paperwork left on the top shelf, it was an old court case. To be exact, it was one of the cases that Endevour had been accused of abuse, one of the cases that the man had paid handsomely to keep under wraps. Now Shoto found his bag stuffed with security footage and documents.

Turning to the door, Shoto panicked when he finally registered heavy footsteps  coming closer to the office. The office that Shoto was in.

Thinking fast, Shoto unlocked and opened the window. Diving through, he realised his mistake when he fell past the second floor... straight into his mother's garden. Sorry mom but I gotta run, maybe I'll visit and apologize.

Silent alarms sounded as Shoto sprinted through the gate to the mansion. His feet ached by the time he passed it and they ached by the time he slipped into the backroads of the city.

Endeavour would know somebody had entered his office because he never locked it. Shoto had to run or he would've been caught robbing the man. And he was taking the tapes of the hero beating his children.

Shoto knew he was safe when half an hour later he ran into the league of villains base, panting and sweating. The boy collapsed to the floor and tried to calm his racing breath and heart. His lungs were burning from the exercise but at least he knew that nobody would be able to catch him because of it.

"Who are you?" Shoto looked up at the teenager bending over him, the boy was new no doubt.

Sitting up the vigilante glared at the boy, "what's it to you?" Glancing around Sho grimaced, "and where's handjob?"

"They all left."

"All of them?" This kid is messing with me, they always have at least one person at the bar at all times, usually its Kurogiri.

"Yeah, he said something about 'stupid green hair idiot cant go a day without my help'"

"What's happened to Izu?" Shit wasnt he supposed to keep Erasurehead away from me?

"What's it to me?" Did the twerp just mock me?

Deciding to ignore the kid, Shoto went to the fridge to get some cake while he waited, until he saw a hastily scribbled note.