She's Gone

Aria's cries forced me to get it together. With shacking knees I managed to stand and make my way to her room. Aria being almost 1 in a week she could stand in her crib. Her brown hair pocked over the top. Whipping away the tears I forced a smile and walked up to the crib, reaching down picking the almost toddler up. I could feel her arms curl around my neck as she buried her face in my neck.

"Morning sweetheart." I managed to mumble out, my voice hoarse. I carried Aria out of her room as she softly hummed to herself. Once I had reached the living room I placed Aria on the ground and she almost immediately began crawling around. Aria loved moving she learned to crawl extremely fast, she was pretty much walking but she would fall after around 1 minute. I swallowed hard as I watched Aria and pulled out my phone. I was scared and the only person I could think about phoning was my mom.

"Hello!" My moms chipper voice broke through the phone.

"Hey." I responding, my voice dry from my crying session earlier. My mom knew immediately something was wrong.

"Dylan? What happened?" Her words caused me to think about what truly was wrong. I broke and collapsed into tears, I was embarrassed for crying, but could you blame me? "Dylan? Sweetheart, whats wrong." My mom asked more frantically.

"Please... Just come to my place." Is all I could managed out, My mom didn't say another word and hung up.

Feeding Aria was always hard, she was so picking it drove me insane. She shook away the smashed sweet potato. Plus my eyes were wet which didn't help. My failing feeding attempts were cut short when I heard a car door slam. My mom didn't even bother to knock on the door, and walked right in. She looked into the kitchen to see me crouched in front of Aria's high stool. I looked over to her, my eyes swollen and I probably looked like death. My mom placed a hand on her mouth as she slowly made her way to me.

"Where's Katy?" She asked, and I broke down yet again, dropping the spoon that I tried to feed Aria.

"Gone." Was all I managed out. My head dropping as I let my mom rub my back. Reminding me of all thet times of my childhood when I would fall playing baseball. Or was bullied at school.

"Did you guys break up?" She asked but I could only shake my head and past her the note Katy had left. My mom reached out and took it from me slowly opening it up. "Oh my.." Was all she whispered as she read. After finished it she curled it into her fist. "That bitch. Honey... I.. I'm so sorry." She whispered, I could only shake my head as I tried to feed Aria again. Her large brown eyes staring at me, causing me to feel worst. My mom reached out and took the spoon from me. "Rest Dylan, you need to lay down. I'll feed her." I nodded as I got up and walked over to the couch flopping on it.

I awoke to my mother rocking Aria back and forth. I sifted on the couch to face her, letting her know I was awake. My mom looked up and smiled, I tried to return.

"How are you feeling." She asked softly. I slowly sat up, looking around the old apartment.

"I'm fine, can I?" I motioned over to Aria and my mom just smiled and pasted her over. I cuddled her to my chest as I stared down. Aria was still wide awake, her brown eyes looking up at me and probably thinking he looks like death.

"Dylan, I hope you know that I'm proud of you." I looked up to see my mom staring at me with a smile on her face. "Katy never took responsibility for her daughter. You did." My mom smiled, her eyes glistening with tears. "Just know I'm here for you. So are all of your friends." My mom paused than laughed. "Dare I say your fans." That caused me to smile too. "I mean I'm guessing your keeping her?" My head shot up.

"Of course I am! I can't... I love her. I mean shes a mini me." I smiled. "It's time for her nap."

~~~

I had a long discussion with my mom and I finally convinced her to go home. I had put Aria to bed and was laying on the couch, I didn't want to sleep in my bed. It seemed too empty.

I didn't know what to do. I picked up my phone and my eyes fell to my recent conversation, Katy. I opened it up realizing this was only yesterday.

Uh babe, do we need more baby food? Or do you want to try making our own.

Dylan

I don't know or care.

Katy

I felt the tears coming again put I held them back. I was crying enough lately. Suddenly my phone light up again with T-poseys caller ID on the screen. I reached down and answered the call, Tylers voice almost immediately came through the phone.

"My main man! Hows the love life coming, she still hate my chipmunk?" Shit. His words sent me over the edge. The tears came again, he didn't even know.

'Bro...?" Tyler asked.

"Sorry." My voice was hoarse. "Katy left me this morning."

"Wait, are you serious?" Tyler whispered, I could almost see his reaction, Tyler and I had joked around saying Katy was going to lose it and leave. But we never actually thought she would.

"Yeah. She took everything and left a note saying shes never coming back." I manged out laying down on the hard couch, wishing I could restart everything.

"That bitch... Wha- What about Aria?" Tyler said quieter than usual.

"Fine. Sleeping that is." I responded closing my eyes.

"Your not... your not thinking about getting rid of her... Right?" Tyler asked unsure. And I actually laughed at that.

"Hell no. Not her fault her mother-" I fell short. "Oh my god dude she's not going to have a mother." My voice broke, she wasn't going to be able to go out shopping with her mom or talk about boys at school that she liked. She wasn't going to have that.

"I know dude. I know. Hey, you never know, maybe someone else will catch your eye." He was trying to be optimistic I could tell but I was too lost in my thoughts to appreciate it more.

"I have to go, I'll talk to you in the morning." I mumbled.

"I'll be at your place tomorrow." Tyler responded back and hung up the phone.

Authors Note- Not my best I know. But I just wanted to get this one finished since I've had it for almost a month now. Thank you all so much for the postive feed back, your the reason I finished this chapter :)