The Happily Ever After

A/N - This is the last chapter. This book was starting to die down and I thought it was time to end it. It's not the best ending but it is one :) I hope you all enjoy and thank you for reading my story.

Dylan's POV

When Katy left. It was more bitter sweet than I thought it was going to be but I knew it was for the better. I had watched her leave and once I made it back home all her stuff was packed again, but this time. No note.

Aria was still recovering, but she was running around and calling out for her Spider-Man, she doesn't seem to miss Katy either.

Skylar has never been better, she was everything I was waiting for and more. She was dealing with the hate and some of my better fans stood up against it. She was loving Aria to the ends of the earth and Aria loved her back.

"Aria!" Skylar cried as I opened the door. Dashing forward she embraced the little girl who giggled and squealed with glee.

"Movie time!" She said excitedly and Skylar grinned as we made our way over to the couch. Sitting down we started to find a movie to watch, Aria was curled into Skylar who a gleeful grin on her face.

Once the movie ended Aria stared at the movie with a blank face. The little kid in the show had kept running to his mother, and it was off putting for her. I could tell.

"Mommy?" She questioned and glanced over to me. Than her eyes trailed to Skylar and her face brightened as if she a light bulb went off in her head. She pointed at Skylar and cheered, "Mommy!"

I saw Skylar's eyes widened in surprise as she looked over at me and I gave her a soft nod of my head as a grin over came me.

"Yea- yeah! I'm mommy." She says as Aria started clapping her hands.

"Mommy and Daddy!" She cried once again.

After that I suggested the idea for Skylar to move in with us which she accept graciously. And honestly I've never seen Aria move excited when I told her that Skylar would be having a very long sleepover.

Aria's 4th birthday party came and went, and it was the first time we had other kids over. It was exciting to see her talking with other boys and girls she had met when we had stayed over at Skylar's sisters place. Their sons and daughters had gotten along with Aria amazingly so it was the first time she was able to call someone her own age, friends.

Life was flying past and I didn't have time to sit down and think about it. Suddenly we were inrolling Aria into kindergarten, suddenly she was talking in complete sentences, she was running. We were growing together.

We were a family

~~~

Now I'm sitting here, 2 years after Katy had left, with shaking hands. Staring at Aria who was grinning like a mad woman, she was sitting at the edge of her bed as I kneeled on ground so I was at her level. The ring I had finally picked out for Skylar was resting in the small box. Shifting my graze up Aria casts me a trickster like smirk, she knew I was nervous about something.

"Aria, stop looking at me like that." I respond and Aria giggles.

"I'm only looking at you daddy cause you are a sweaty mess." She swings her legs before wrapping her small arms around my neck to pull me into a weird hug, "you also smell bad." She snickers and I pull away with a frown on my face.

"Aria, that's mean I just had a shower."

"Didn't work very good." She states back blankly, the six year olds eyes shine with mischief and I roll my eyes at her before raising to my feet again.

"Uncle Tyler's coming over to watch you when I go on a date with momma okay?" My voice is shaking as I slip the small box into my back pocket and Aria grins widely.

"Uncle Tyler!" She cries, throwing her hands into the air she jumps down from her toddler bed and jogs out of the room.

Sighing I knew that tonight was going to be a long night.

~~~

Skylar had her blonde hair tied into a beautiful bun and her green eyes shone as she sits at the small picnic I had set up. We were both sitting at the park where I had first kissed her, the memories caused a small grin to tug at my lips as I stared at the beautiful girl laying across my legs. She was laughing about something and at the moment my heart was shoring.

I couldn't think to a time I was happier.

When Aria had first decided to call Skylar mom we were scared. Wondering what would happen if things hadn't worked out between us and we would have to break up, but Aria had been so attached to Skylar I didn't think we'd be able to pull the two apart. So from than on, Skylar was her real mom. If Katy decided she wanted to be apart of her life again, then so be it. But Skylar would be the one who helped me raise the little girl into who she is now.

"Dylan?" Her voice cut through my thoughts and I snapped out of my daze. "You're zoning out again." She groans.

"I'm sorry, lot on my mind." I say simply and a frown creases on her face as she sits up.

"Like what?"

"Nothing bad if that's what you're wondering. Just life, the future, you know. The usual."

Skylar nods her head and starts playing with the grass, the silence stretches too long and I'm reminded of the small box that was hidden in my pocket. Swallowing down the lump in my
throat I felt the anxiety come swirling back.

The future.

It was such a big thing, and this small thing would decide how it goes.

Reaching forward I take Skylars hand and pull her to her feet. I see confusion filter onto her face as she opens her mouth to speak but I raise my hand to silence her. Slowly I felt myself sink to one knee and I watched her eyes grow to the size of saucers, her hands flying up to cover her mouth.

Sucking in a breath I pull the tiny box out from behind my back, "Skylar Herring, since the day I saw you in that club I couldn't get over how beautiful you were. And than I had the honour of meeting you again, from then on my life changed. You taught me how to love again when I though it was impossible, you gave Aria a mother that showed her the love she deserved. Without you in my life, I don't know how I could've gone on. You gave me hope in the darkest day and," I pause, my leg was shaking as I pulled the box open ever so slowly, the ring caught the glimmer of the sun as Skylar hair stared at me in awe, swallowing hard I finished; "Skylar Herring, I was wondering if I could have the honour in asking you to marry me?"

Skylar was crying by this point before she started nodding her head rapidly, "Ye- yes! Of course Dylan!" She sobbed and I slowly slipped the ring onto her finger as she pulled me to my feet again and smashed her lips to mine. It was a slow and soft kiss, but the passion behind it was something unmistakable.

"YAY!" A small voice cried from behind me, turning around I see Aria bolting down the play ground with Tyler chasing after her.

Once she reached us she wrapped her arms around both of our legs in a hug, I pat her head. Glancing up I see Tyler sauntering over to us, grinning I motioned for Tyler to hurry as he claps me on the back.

This was my family, it was once broken for a while and I sometimes didn't want to look forward. But now, now I had everything I could've wanted and more. Our family was whole, our family was strong.

And I couldn't be more happier.

T h e E n d