Back Off

6 Months Later

Aria stared at me with impatient eyes. I was currently trying to make her something to eat for lunch but she hated everything. I scrambled together a peanut butter and jam sandwich and began cutting it up to only hear Aria's annoyed groans.

"Dada...." I finished cutting up her sandwich and placed it on the table. I than noticed Aria had undone the strap in her high chair and was attempting to climb down.

"Aria! No, you can't do that." I groaned picking her back up and placed her back into the high chair. "Eat, please." I begged as she stared at the sandwich. Aria slowly extended her hand and grabbed a piece of the food. Finally she brought it to her face to inspect it. She slowly brought it to her mouth and took a tiny bite. I hadn't even realized I was holding my breath until Aria threw the sandwich back to the plate. I sighed collapsing to the ground.

"Nah." Aria muttered staring at her plate as she went to unbuckle herself again.

It was moments like these that I missed Katy. Sure she never did much, but her small laugh as she would walk in on my laying on the floor and Aria wondering around. But again Aria was never this bad before either, she usually ate her food without complaint, but ever since her first birthday she hated every food I tried to feed her.

Aria slid out of her chair and crouched down to my laying figure on the floor, "Dada?" She asked cocking her head to the side. Reaching down, she placed a hand on my face. Of course she had those damn big brown eyes as she staring at me making it so I could never stay mad at her. "Sworry?" She mummered. I managed to sit up and take her into my lap.

"You know you're going to kill me on day." I laughed as she only struggled against me trying to escape my grasp. But suddenly she came to a stop and looked up at me. "What?" I asked as I watched her fingers go to her nose to plug them.

"Whoops, stinky dada.." She summered giving me a guilty look.

"Of course." I muttered picking her up and taking her to get a new diaper.

~~~

"Dylan I think she'll like this one." My mom chipped in, holding a small pink dress in her hands. We were currently looking for new clothes for Aria since she was out growing her old ones.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask her yourself." I responded pointing to Aria who was sitting in our cart. Aria dropped her Spiderman stuffy at the sound of her name.

"Do you like this Aria?" My mom excitedly asked holding the pink dress out for my daughter to see. Aria stared at before grunting and pointing to the spiderman toddlers shirt in the boys section.

"Spidy!" She shouted as I smile realizing showing her Spiderman was so so worth it.

"You have corrupted your own child." My mother muttered putting the pink dress back onto the self. "I'm going to go get something to drink, you want anything." My mom asked turning to leave and I quickly shook my head no. Once my mom disapeared down the aisle I quickly grabbed the Spiderman shirt Aria was pointing to. Aria's eyes brightened up as she reached out to grab it.

"Yeah! Yesh." She shouted holding on to it.

I responded with a smile as I went to turn back around but ran into a large figure. Backing up slightly I glanced up to see who was blocking the way, but when I saw the face my insides boiled. His smug face, his stupid six-pack. What is his name again? Connor something? The pictures of Katy all over him, making out with him in public like she didn't even care... The pictures I had seen on tumbler almost a year ago, this was the ass. Katy had just decided to announce on her twitter her new boyfriend... Guess this was the guy. He was taller, and bigger than I expected but I had an army of fangirls so he could bring it.

"O'Brien?" He chuckled staring down at me. "You're so small, what are you 5 feet?

"I'm almost 6 feet thank you very much big boy." I snarled back, glancing around to see if Katy was anywhere to be seen.

"Ha! No wonder my girl left your sorry ass." He laughed placing a hand on his chest. And now I was mad, I could feel my face heat up and my finger nails dug into my palms. Suddenly the beast glanced behind me his eyes landing on Aria.

"So this is it? This thing is the reason she left? Ha!" He started laughing harder as he went to go touch her cheek...

Grabbing his hand I shoved it back at him. "Back off." I snarled not caring that this guy was in fact my ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend. Or the fact he was making fun of me for Katy leaving me. It was the fact that this thing thought he could touch my daughter.

"Or what!" Connor yelled jumping forward causing Aria to break out in tears. "You gonna punch m-"

And that's exactly what I did.

~~~

Tyler grabbed me by the shoulders and hauled my out of the police station. I could't quite remember what happened, but all I knew is I pushed Aria farther away. And I went for the fight to only have the police to pull me off of him. After that we were both brought into the station ect.

My mom wasn't mad at me neither was Tyler, but it was the press that I feared the most. Because it was so out of character for me to do something, I was always the gentle one. If anything Tyler was the one to get into a fight and in fact he was pretty excited about this.

"Dude! Have you seen the photos? You were freakin sweet!" He shouted pushing me into his truck to take me home. I glared over at him.

"Tyler this isn't a good thing. It's going on my record." I muttered, slumping against the chair.

"Yeah, the fact the you stuck up for your daughter because some creep was trying to scare her." Tyler patted me on the shoulder. "I'm so proud!"

"Tyler please! I practically hit a man in front of my daughter! This is not a good thing!" I replied closing my eyes and rubbing my face, regret twisted in my stomach.

"You pushed her away."

"So?" I muttered before turning to glance out the window.

~~~

Once we got back to my place I stormed up to Aria's room. My mom was inside because she had taken her home while I was taken away to the station. She sat with Aria on the floor and she still seemed pretty shaken up. I dropped to the floor beside her and broke down into tears, not my manliest moment.

"I'm so sorry." I whimpered taking her into my arms. Even though I knew she probably couldn't understand it felt better to say it.

"Dylan, not that I'm impressed you started a fight. I'm actually really surprised .. But you didn't know what Connor was going to do next." She said softly coming up behind me to pat me on the back. Aria squirmed in my arms as I gently placed her into her crib as she stared at me. A small smile was back onto her face which made me sigh in relief. Maybe I hadn't scared her for life.

But for me... I was pretty sure the large gash on my chin was going to scar.

A/N OMG this chapter sucks... I'm so sorry. I don't now why I made Dylan get into a fight. It just kind of happened D: I guess I hoped everyone enjoyed thou ILY.