Broken and Gone

Dylan's POV

I had never felt sicker.
Watching as Aria got taken back, and the doctor placing her hand on my chest.

"I'm sorry sir, no ones allowed back here." Her voice was sharp and quick. Causing anger to bloom within me.

"I'm her father for heaven sakes just le-"

I couldn't get my last sentence out before the woman raised her hand. "I've heard it all before, go sit next to your partner. We will be with you shortly."

Slowly I turned around, Skylar was sitting there with a sympathetic look on her face. Sitting next to her I feel her hand cover mine.

"You can go home if you want, you don't need to stay with me."

Skylar pouted her lip and shook her head, "I may not be her mother, but I am your girlfriend. I'll stay."

I fell silent, I felt bad for making her stay but in all honesty I was glad she did. Both of us sat there in silence before our eye were draw to the sound of doors slamming open.

Tyler stood there breathing heavy as he walked forward. "Where's my chipmunk."

"Emergency." I respond to my friend who flops next to me, his hand running threw his hair desperately. 

"Shit, I knew Katy was brutal. But not this bad. Do you think Aria will be alright?" Tyler gasped, his breathing still frantic.

"I don't know."

"Are you going to sue them?"

"I don't know."

"How does the guy look?"

"I don't know."

"Was it Connor?"

"Tyler I phoned you to come down here for her when she gets out. Not to ask me questions I haven't considered yet." I snapped as he raised his hands in defence. Running a hand through my hair I tried to keep my breathing focused and normal. Don't panic, now's not the time to panic Dylan.

"She's going to be alright." Tyler says, "They're good doctors, they can save her."

But I couldn't respond. I only sat in silence,

~~~

3 hours. It took 3 hours to get any information, Skylar had fallen asleep and Tyler was off getting snacks and coffee. I was dozing off when the doctor had slammed open the doors with a grim look on her face.

"She'll make it. But it was a rough procedure, it seems your daughter had managed to digest Landry Detergent."

Leaping up from my seat I stared at the women, "What? Are you serious?"

Skylar jumped awake from the yelling and I saw her looked frantically at me and the doctor. "What's going on?" She mumbled running a hand through her mess of hair. 

"It is known to be one of the most dangerous house hold chemical, it's killed thousands of children world wide every year." The Doctor says, and I feel my stomach lurch. I feel dizzy and the urge to throw up over whelms me. In seconds I feel Tyler slowly bringing me down to my chair again, the coffee dropped to the floor in the moment. 

"Is she going to be okay?" Skylar whispered as if she feared the answer, and to be honest, I feared the answer too. 

The doctor's eyes darted down to her hand before choosing her words, "Only time can tell us. She may experience some... brain damage." 

After everything I could, the tears started to fall. The anger and rage had disappeared and I was only left with dread, I felt sick that I couldn't protect the person I loved most in the world. I was her father, I was supposed to watch over her at all times. I was a pathetic dad. 

My shaking hand covered my mouth as I tried to whip away the tears that kept falling. "Can, can I see her?" I choke out, and I see the doctor nod out of the blur of my vision. Standing I tried to gather myself as I followed the lady to the back. 

Than I saw her. The poor thing had so many tubes running down her arms and a breathing mask covering her face, the slow beeping of her heart rate haunted my ears. I watched as the Doctor turned, leaving the room with a sympathetic look on her face as I fell to my knees next to Aria's bedside. 

She was too young, her life had be torn apart because of her terrible parents. 

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I felt my eyes start to water again, I left go of a shuddering breath as I went to hold her small delicate hands. 

I wasn't sure how long I stayed like that but when I heard the door open behind me it snapped me out of my daze. Glancing up I realized how much my knees were aching and how the sun was now glowing through the windows. 

"Is she okay." 

I had expected it to be Skylar or Tyler, hell, even a random fan before I would have guessed it would be Katy. But sure enough, there stood the woman I had once loved. The women who I had thought loved me back. The woman who destroyed my life, but gave me the best thing that had ever happened. 

"You have a lot of nerve showing your face in here." I say slowly, my voice cold as I swallowed back the rage. 

Katy steps forward, her eyes landing on Aria and I see her take a sharp in take. "She looks more like you, you know?" 

I stay silent.

"When she was first born it was the first thing I ever noticed."

"You didn't even hold her when she was first born." I snap, wiping around I faced her. She didn't even flinch, keeping her eyes on my daughter. 

"I was scared."

"And you think I wasn't? I was terrified I wouldn't be a good dad, but than I saw her and I had never loved something so much in my life. I'd do anything to protect her, guide her, love her, be there for her.  Than there's you." 

Katy pales as she now takes a step back.

"The women who never fed her, never held her, never loved her. Always complained about her, everything she did was wrong, she was a waste of space to you. You never cared, you never will! You only showed up so it would look good in the papers, you only came back because the fans backlashed at you. I can see past all your bullshit Katy, and I'm sick of you ruining my life. I always thought I needed you, I thought I couldn't live without you, I thought Aria needed you. But I know better now Katy. So before you run away like you did last time, I will be the one to tell you to go. Leave Katy, and don't come crawling back to me next time life goes to shit for you. Because I'll slam the door on your face this time." 

Katy stares at me. Her mouth agape before she slowly composed herself and forced a smile on her face. "Good to hear Dylan, because I only came to say goodbye. " 

I smile too, "Than go now Katy, and by the way, you might want to find another boyfriend. Since the last one won't be very famous anymore."