No More Than A Stranger

Two Months Later

I lie on my bed, a smile plastered on my face. Rolling over I grab my phone and see the Skylar had texted me.

To Dylan

HEyyyyy BOYYYY you need to watch game of thrones rn or I'll go over and kill you.

From Skylar :D

I laugh shaking my head before texting her back.

To Skylar

Okay I'll get on that, but I'm warning you. If your wanting to kill me your going have to deal with my fans.

From Dylan

To Dylan

I'll figure it out, I'm sure Aria will side with me ;P

From Skylar

I smile at the message and place my phone beside my bed and stand up to get Aria. I could hear her playing with her toys in her crib, I walk down the plain hallway I had yet to put anything on the walls. Opening up to my daughters room, it was a pink that was already hear when I moved in and she seemed to like it.

"Hey honey." I say softly as she peeks her head over the top of the crib. A smile spread across her face as she sees me walking over to her..

"Dada!" She cheers as I pick her up and her beside me. She dances to the kitchen holding her now torn Spiderman stuffy to her chest.

"Should I put you in dance when your older?" I question more to myself than her, I smile I'd like for her to do something and if its dancing. Than I'll be putting her in dance. The little girl twirls around with her Spiderman stuffy as if she was dancing with it but she soon fell on butt, her smile never disappearing. I crouch down beside her and put her on my lap, she starts giggling to herself as I attempt braiding her hair the way my sister tried teaching me. Her being 2 made it hard since her hair was still thin, or that I couldn't braid for the life of me.

"You can only date Spiderman, got it?" I say as she starts playing with the toy, Aria giggles and shakes her head. I too smiled as finally everything seemed to be going alright, I'll start filming season 5b soon and Aria was happy. And just like how things seemed to be getting better.

Everything fell back apart.

The knock on door caused me to stand again, I wasn't worried or anything. It was probably Tyler.

Oh I was wrong.

Once I made my way to the door I swung it open. Once it revealed the person standing on the other side my heart stopped.

Katy.

Katy, out of all the people in the world to stand outside my door it was her. I had the sudden urge to slam the door shut in her face again but something stopped me. She had tears in her eyes, makeup smeared on her face as the clung onto a small backpack.

"Dylan." She breathed glancing up at me, but my voice seemed to have failed me. All the anger I had pushed away came swirling back full force by the sight of her face. "Dylan please say something." She says her eyes studying me.

"What do you want." I say dryly as she swallows, she was nervous ver nervous. And I wasn't surprised, she was standing at my door way after leaving me for a year. How the hell did she even know I was hear.

"Connor he..he kicked me out. I need somewhere to go." She sniffed staring at me. The even mention of Connor's name wanted me to slam the door even more. But the fact she had came running to me, made me even more mad.

"I'm sure you could find another boyfriend pretty fast. Seeing it only took you a week last time." I growled, and I was about to slam the door until I heard Aria's tiny voice from behind me.

"Daddy?" She asked as I turned to look at her. This could be my only chance for Aria to have her mother in her life. The toddler made her way over to me and grabbed onto my pants and looked out to Katy who stood there awkwardly watching the kid.

"Dylan please." She whispered glancing back to me, "No one else lives in LA." I hesitate until I slowly backed away from the door, letting Katy come back inside. Quietly she made her way into my condo she glanced around as I closed the door behind her.

"You can have the couch." I say bitterly as I was about to run upstairs with Aria but Katy called out.

"Can we talk first." She says quietly as I stop and turn to face her.

"About?" I say my graze studying her. She looked like she hadn't showered in days and a bruise was on her neck causing my to pause. Slowly I walked down the stairs and studied the bruise on her neck. "How'd you get that?" I say my voice coming out no louder than a whisper. I clench my fists at my sides, I hated Katy I really did, but I couldn't shake the old memories I had had with her. And if someone was really hitting her, they deserved to be thrown into jail. No one deserved to be abused, even someone as cold hearted as Katy.

"I had to get out." She said softly, I watched her move farther back away from me and hang her head. "Dylan, I just need to rest somewhere and I'll be gone." She says softly, trying her hardest not to look at Aria, whom was curious to the stranger in her home.

"You can look at her you know." I snarl, as I reach to pick the 2 year old off the ground. "She isn't some monster." But Katy says nothing and keeps her graze focused on the ground. The anger was coming back slowly again as Aria seemed confused by the rejection of the women. The little girl whimpered and reached her hand out toward Katy and made grunting noises, trying to get her attention. But Katy was focused on pretending the toddler didn't exist.

"Fine." I say angrily as I watched her. "I'm just going to figure I won't see you in the morning, but I'll find some note with a lame excuse on it. And I'll see you again when you get dumped by another abusive boyfriend. But next time you won't be welcomed back inside. But maybe show up for Aria's graduation please." And with that I walked up the stairs with a crying Aria clinging on my shoulder.

Authors Note - Katy is a character that I like writing but would hate if she was ever real omg. Also an update so soon! I actually wrote this right after my other one :D Anyways I wanted to change the plot since it was getting BOOOORRINGGGG xD

Do you think Dylan's being too harsh?