I Can't Love You

Skylar's POV

Dylan was laughing about something, I wasn't sure what but I started laughing too. Aria must have felt left out as well since she joined us both in giggling.

"Since when were you so good?" Dylan sputters whipping is eyes from the laughing tears, "My lord you whooped me at that."

"I told you before, Dylan, I'm queen at Mario Cart." I say casting him a wink as a grin split across his face. Aria had found a way to twist her way onto Dylan's lap, her eyes glowing as she stared at her dad. It was something I wondered if Dylan had ever noticed, how his daughter literately looked at him as if he was god himself. Perhaps to her he was.

"Well, I guess that brings my unbeatable record to shit, thank you for that." He teased as I felt myself smile.

"Okay! Well it's time for the king to show how it's down!" Tyler shouted from the stairs, he strides over to the couch and grabs the controller from Dylan's hands. "Okay 'queen of mario cart' how bout we see what you got."

Dylan quickly gets up from where he was sitting and Tyler replaces him. Aria makes a weird squealing noise in excitement and wiggled away from Dylan, before she pulls herself onto my lap. She wiggles around before leaning her head on my stomach and stared at the screen.

"Enjoy my good luck charm." Dylan snorts from behind us but his phone ringing cut him off as he quickly excused himself and walked away.

I tried to focus on the game but I heard Dylan's soft mumbling in the kitchen.

"How- why do you even still have my number? Whatever, what do you want." His voice was quiet but he didn't seem too impressed, so I could only guess it was Katy. My skin boiled at her name, I barely knew the girl, maybe seen a few movies with her in them. But the moment I saw her sitting in the living room reminded me of every time Dylan would slightly mention her. His eyes would sadden and his mood would change, the pain she had caused him was disgusting. Not to mention she had abandoned her own daughter.

"How!" Tyler screams, jumping to his feet and throwing the controller in the air. "How- You beat me! In my own house!"

"Sorry buddy." I joke as Tyler looks flabbergasted, disbelief covers his face as Dylan walks in.

"Tyler, you're shit a Mario Cart, for heaven shakes Aria could beat you." He chuckles but it was clear he look adjar.

The moment after the fight with Katy both Tyler and I decided to get Dylan out of the house so Tyler took him for lunch and we came to his place. Maybe to get his mind off things, or get Aria away from Katy.

"Dadda?" Aria cheered, her eyes glowed with happiness as she reached for Tyler's controller. And stuck the handle in her mouth.

"Oh it's on chipmunk!"

~~~

Dylan's POV

I walked into the house quietly, in hopes that Katy was sleeping. But the light glowing from upstairs told me otherwise. Groaning I pulled myself up with Aria asleep on my shoulder, a small bit of her drool was hitting my shoulder, but honestly most of my shirts Aria had found ways to destroy.

Once I had made it upstairs I realized the lights were coming from Aria's room, disbelief crossed me as I gently pushed her door open. Katy was sprawled on the floor, hunched over to what looked like a boxes laying on the floor. She whipped around when I pushed the door closed behind me, I quickly realized her face was covered with smeared mascara from crying. A clump of photos rested in her hands and were scattered across the floor.

Slowly I decided to put Aria in her crib, gently bring the soft pink blanket over her and pushing her Spiderman stuffy closer to her. Before I kissed her on the forehead and turned to motioned for Katy to follow me put of the room.

"I- I'm sorry I just wanted to see what you've been doing since I was gone." She whispered. I frown and shake my head.

"Than why are you crying Katy? Why do you care?" I ask, I wanted to be colder but in all honesty I was too tired. But I had a feeling that might change soon.

"I just... I just found this." She whispered before passing me a photo, I glance down and it was a picture of Katy and I. We were kissing, if you looked closely you could see Katy was smiling into the kiss and her hair was dangling everywhere. Her fingers were lost somewhere in my hair and I noticed how much younger I looked in that photo.

But I didn't want to cry, no, I was mad. "You're the one that left Katy, I don't have time for your bullshit and 'trying to get back into my life' shit. I don't have time." I snap, crumpling the photo and threw it into the trash.

Katy was quiet when I push past her to go to my room but she soon spoke up. "Why did you keep it Dylan?" Her voice sounded broken but I wasn't sure if it was just her acting, trying to twist into my head.

"When you first left I still loved you, okay? Damn it Katy, I would have done absolutely anything for you! And you left as if I was nothing to you, same with your daughter. So I got over you, and that picture was when I was stupid, okay? I once thought you loved me back, but I grew up." My voice was torn, I could feel my eyes dampening but I held myself together. I was so so sick of crying over her. But Katy stared at me, her mouth hanging open.

"I did love you Dylan." She whispered, " I never stopped loving you."

"Don't fill me with bullshit Katy." I turn on my heels and begin walking to my room but I pause briefly. "I don't love you anymore, I can't love you anymore." And with that I left her standing in the hallway, maybe she was crying, maybe she wasn't. I tried to shake down the instinct to go and comfort her, telling myself that I didn't care, and than a very, very cruel thought came into my mind.

She broke your heart, she broke Aria's so...

Break her's.

Author's Note - Is Dylan too much of a jackass? I don't know, but Katy just pisses me off so than Dylan get's pissed off xD

Also did ya guys like Skylar's POV, do you even like Skylar?

Please vote! I haven't been getting very many and it's kinda making disappointed since I put so much effort in :(