James' POV

Tiffany and I stared at our best friend in horror. I have never, EVER seen her like that before. It was awesome and frightening at the same time. Anyway, the three of us went over to where Nathaniel's lifeless body was laying. I turned to Tiffany. "You think he's dead?"

She rolled her eyes. "No, James. He's probably playing dead. What do you think?"

I was a bit hurt after she said that. I thought we were getting off to a better start, but I guess she still had some resentment. "Sorry," she said and checked his pulse. "But yeah, he is most definitely dead."

Kaitlyn looked at me and said, "Chiron said it himself. He had to die."

She walked over to the scroll, picked it up, and stared at it. Then, she looked at me and Tiff. "Well, what are we supposed to do with this? It's not useful anymore."

The sky was still gray and had thunderclouds, and the ground is still rumbling. Tiffany spoke up. "'For they are the key to completing the journey. I think I have an idea!"

Apollo's daughter told us that she thinks the prophecy line is about a literal key. "Maybe," said Kaitlyn. "But where are we gonna find the key?"

I walked over to Nathaniel's robes without saying anything and searched them. I held up a silver key. Wow. I don't know how Tiffany's brain can think like that. "Guys," she said with a smirk. "It seems like our journey is about to be completed!"

Tiffany grabbed the scroll form Kait and it started glowing. It formed a small brown box with a keyhole. I insert the key and when I do, the storm clouds roll away and the ground stops rumbling. The daughter of Aphrodite whispered, "Max left that for us. He sacrificed his life for so many things. He completed this quest."

We all sat in silence for a moment to honor our great friend. Then, I said, "Well y'all, I think it's time we get back to Camp Half-Blood."

The others nodded and we gathered our things and started walking to the airport.

When we arrived, it thankfully wasn't crowded.

We bought three tickets with the little money my ex had left. I think the flight attendant took pity on us because we looked so bruised and battered. We hopped on the plane and I sat next to Tiffany and Kaitlyn sat on the seat across from us. Then, the plane took off.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This POV is written by @swaggystoriesss !! Go follow them please :D