Chapter 14

A/N: I own nothing but plot. Enjoy!

Annabeth stood in the private back rooms of Countess Drew Tanaka's designer boutique. Better known as Madam Drew, the countess was known throughout the kingdoms for her top notch dresses as well as for her pricklyy and arrogant personality. 

Yet, the boutique was the place all brides even dreamed to take one step in. One had to be of a certain level of nobility and wealth to get a design from the picky designer and even then, there was a long waitlist, often reaching up to a year. Somehow, Percy had been able to get her a spot on Madam Drew's priority list on such short notice.

Madam Drew inspected Annabeth up and down like she was evaluating a vase. 

"Hmm, hair as wild as a horse's mane. Skin's not bad but could be softer and brighter. Tsk. Whatever have you done with that hair of yours? So dry. Well, I suppose you wouldn't be too bad for a bride, especially when wearing one of my personal designs. Your maids will have to work on your skincare until you match with the beauty of my dresses. Now lift your arms up," Madam Drew said primly as she started measuring Annabeth's waist.

The designer's tone was huffy, probably because the Duke had pressured her to make Annabeth's wedding dress. No other bride, aside from the two royal weddings, would be able to wear her designs on such short notice as Percy's and Annabeth's wedding date was advanced per his family's request. They must have been really worried about not having an heir.

Annabeth placed her hands on her flat tummy. She had nearly forgotten what it was like when her belly was swollen. Sometimes she would reminiscence about those days when when her baby would kick in her stomach.

Madam Drew muttered something under her breath as she measured Annabeth's height.

"I apologize for my fiance's inconsiderate nature." Annabeth sighed. 

She wasn't a fan of Madam Drew's attitude, but in this case, her future husband did use his influence to pressure the designer.

"At least you know it's inconsiderate, unlike a certain Duke." But Madam Drew seemed to be mollified. "There, that's the last measurement! Now, we shall bring in all the designs I have made specifically for you."

Madam Drew clapped her hands and workers began moving in dresses. Soon the room was filled with at least twenty wedding dresses in different shades of white.

"Now let's try them on." Madam Drew's eyes glinted.

"A-all of them?"

Annabeth stared warily at the dresses, all of which had many buttons and layers. It would take the whole afternoon to go through them all, and she had other things to do.

"All of them."

Madam Drew clapped her hands and employees walked in, each bearing the torture device known as high heels.

Annabeth thought this was the designer's revenge, having her try on all the dresses. Sure, the dresses varied from simple to luxurious styles and all were elegant in taste. But Annabeth had never held too much interest in fashion.

"Um, they all look so beautiful..."

"Of course they are! They are designed by the fabulous me, of course!" Madam Drew's nose was practically sky-high in the air. "Now pick a dress to change into. Hurry, my time is precious!"

As if Annabeth's time wasn't? Feeling resigned, Annabeth walked among the dresses. Her fingers traced silk, velvet, lace, and brocade. Pearls and jewels studded the bodice and hems in delicate designs. No expenses were spared on her wedding dress, it seemed.