Chapter 43

A/N: I own nothing but the plot. Enjoy!

******************

Percy sighed, straightening out his tie. Done dealing with the dratted thing, he patted his pockets to make sure the hidden dagger was still sewn into the seams.

"You know, weapons are usually banned from weddings. Why is it on my wedding, there seems to the most inordinate number of knives, swords, spears and daggers?" Percy wondered.

Prince Jason shrugged. "Don't glare at me like that. Do feel free to direct your annoyance at those who caused it though."

Percy sighed. He knew it was no use blaming Jason, who proclaimed he was there to fulfill his duties as a cousin and to look over the wedding proceedings. In truth, Percy knew the Couran prince was just there to hide from the aristocratic faction who was demanding why he wasn't willing to usurp the throne from his older sister, the crown princess. A few of the most insane noblemen still wanted Jason to take in Princess Medea as a concubine on the pretense of keeping the peace with the Colchis nation. As far as Percy could tell, the Colchis kingdom had done enough damage, sending in a princess who had tried to poison Cuora from the inside.

"Ah yes, you remind me that I should rip those rats apart with my bare hands," Percy muttered. "You do know that you owe me a luxurious wedding and honeymoon after this, Your Highness. Or you might just find your own wedding sabotaged."

"It's treason to threaten a prince, you know," Jason snorted.

"And when have you ever bothered with that stuff? My head should have been separated from my shoulders a long time ago if you were ever serious."

Percy peered out the window where a fancy white carriage decorated with blue roses was waiting. A procession of knights in white uniforms was in neat columns, awaiting for the bride and groom to alight.

"Well, I do believe Princess Piper and Lady Annabeth would probably give me a piece of their minds long before you could do anything," Jason remarked.

"I suppose so." Percy grinned. "You sure you don't want to consider Princess Medea as wife? This whole troublesome affair would be so easily taken care of." He teased.

Jason shook his head and gave the groom a look. "You're lucky that today is your wedding or else I'd challenge you to a duel."

"I will second that statement."

Both men turned to see Crown Princess Thalia standing in the doorway.

"Besides, if my little brother marries the Colchis princess, I would throw him in the dungeons for treason myself."

The black haired princess grinned. Unlike the majority of the people attending the wedding, she was dressed in full armor, as though prepared for war.

"Now come on. I hope you're ready."

Percy looked back at the carriage outside. The blue roses reminded him of the night at the greenhouse. Despite the tenseness of the air, a soft smile appeared on his face. He recalled how bright Annabeth's face had been and of the warmth that she exuded when she flung her arms around him.

He unknowingly clenched his fist, as though still feeling the warm traces of her fingers laced with his. Yes, he would fight for this. To keep that smile on her face, her eyes burning with passion and love turned towards his.

"Let's go."

******************

The wedding of Duke Perseus Jackson and Lady Annabeth Chase was to be held shortly after the conclusion of the winter ball. Many people were gossiping about the infamous scandal of Lady Kelli Chase of the winter ball, as well as the circumstances that Lady Kelli was almost killed. Much of the rumors were left concluding that the Duke's wedding was held on such short notice in order to distract from the bad publicity for the royal Cuoran family.