19 | S T E P H E N

ALESSA

I was walking in the garden but my whole mind was occupied with the thoughts of Stephen. He has distanced himself a lot from me in the past few days. Now he doesn't try to touch me, doesn't even try to force himself on me. Hell I don't even find him in bed when I wake up. And I think it's a good sign for me. Maybe he has found some other girl to satisfy himself.

He took me to shopping few days ago,we also went out for eating. It was like a normal day though throughout the whole time, I was trying to find ways of running away from him. But I knew it wasn't possible for he has guards watching over me.

Nah I haven't forgiven him nor I have forgotten what he did to me and my nana but now I am trying to play along. If he can play, then I can play too.

Stephen didn't want me. He just wanted to torment me. He wanted me to think of him all the time, he wanted to see me nervous to my knees as I hear his name. But that won't happen now.

STEPHEN

The thoughts of snaking my arms around her tiny waist, pulling her closer and hanging on as I bury my nose in the back of her smooth hair made tingles run under my skin. Alessa is so small, soft and fragile, like a toothpick in my coil. Every moment without her has become like a torture. But I can't get close to her. Alessa fucks with my mind 24/7 and I can't even think straight. I can't close my eyes without feeling shit and what's that called.. guilty. When the fuck did I become such motherfucker? I can't have Alessa touch me because of the way I behaved with her and it burns my skin. Can't let her go because I want her as my woman. I crave her touch but I fear I will hurt her again. Just thinking about how many times I broke her and made her cry breaks me.

The loud slump on my desk stopped the train of my thoughts as I tapped the cigarette into the ashtray, my mood turning solemn as the smoke streamed into the air.

"You decide exactly when you want to pay attention to my words." Lorenzo folded his arms against his chest and by his look I could tell, he knew what I was thinking of.

"Stop acting like bitch." I said as I took another file in my hand though I wasn't paying attention to any of those. Alessa was everywhere in my mind. I needed to pull my shits together before she becomes my weakness.

"Alessandro has already attacked three of our casinos. I'm sure he is planning something big."

"Big what? You think he can take my place?" I smirked.

"Not that. But he would take the revenge of his dead brother. So far I know, his planning is very sharp. He wants a war." Lorenzo declared as he slumped against the sofa making himself comfortable.

"Guess he wants to meet his brother in hell so early. If he wants war, then I am all ready for it too."

"I know you will do the war too and that's what I am worrying about."

I looked at Lorenzo for him to explain. Was he trying to back out from the war? He was one motherfucker who loves blood and war more than anything.

"War means blood everywhere. But now it's not about you only Stephen."

                     ____

The moment I stepped into my room I was surrounded by a familiar warmth and sweet vanilla scent.

My eyes found Alessa sitting at the corner of the bed. Her hair was piled up on her head in a bun, with a few soft curly strands of hair fanning her cheeks. Her necklace hung around her neck, between the valley of her breasts. And I noticed one more thing. She wore a soft smile that made my knees weak.