04 | 𝚂 𝚃 𝙴 𝙿 𝙷 𝙴 𝙽

••

••

Alessa laid down on the cold floor, her eyes were fixed on her torn clothes, but her mind was somewhere else. How did she end up here? She could never imagine of being kidnapped by the most perilous man in this country. His words scared her, his promise was like a death threat. She knew she couldn't run away from his cage.

But she had to run away. She couldn't lay down here, she could never submit herself to a monster like him. He is abusive, he kills people like it's nothing. He would never think once before slitting her throat.

Tears ran down her cheeks, making the floor wet. Alessa tried to sit up, but her hands gave up on her. She didn't know since how long she had been locked up in this room, she lost all her strength.  She looked around but nothing caught her eyes that could help her sneak out of this hell. Her eyes searched for her phone,her bag but she didn't find them either except for expensive and luxurious furnitures.

Letting out a sigh of defeat, she laid down on the floor hopelessly, tears never stopped coming out of her eyes. She missed her Nana, what was she doing? Did she take her medicines? Alessa's heart broke even more when she remembered her Nana doesn't like having breakfast alone, she always forgets about her medicines. Her Nana must be waiting for her.

Alessa flinched when she heard the door open again. She thought it was Stephen but there stood a lady figure. She frowned her eyebrows as the lady came near her with a tray. Her eyes were on Alessa before looking at the pieces of clothes. Guilt was clear on her face but she tried to hide it.

"W-who are you?" Alessa managed to say. Her voice sounded hoarse.

The lady looked at her as her eyes traveled down her defenseless body with sympathy.  She put down the tray on the floor and extended her hands to help Alessa sit. But Alessa flinched away, she couldn't trust anyone in this house.

The lady sighed before taking her hands back. "I am Rebecca, I work here. I was requested to take care of you, that's why I'm here with your food," she pleaded.

Alessa's eyes turned cold. "Since how long I've been locked up here?" she asked in a stern voice.

"It's been one day. You need to eat. You didn't eat anything for the whole day," Rebecca said calmly, her voice sounded soft.

Alessa's eyes widened. She had been locked up for a whole day. Her Nana must be searching for her. At the thought of her Nana, tears started to roll down her cheeks again.

"My Nana must be worried about me. I don't want to stay here," she cried, her voice was like a mere whisper. Rebecca heard her as she felt bad for the poor girl. She wanted to help her but she knew better then to go against Stephen.