12 | 𝚂 𝚃 𝙴 𝙿 𝙷 𝙴 𝙽

ALESSA

"I need to use the washroom," I mumbled,hoping Lorenzo would trust me and let me go.

He stayed silent for a few seconds before nodding. I almost cried out of happiness but didn't show it. I silently nodded before heading towards the washroom.

I thought I was walking alone. But when I turned around to see if anyone was watching me, Lorenzo was right behind me.

"I couldn't let you go alone. Stephen won't like that." He gave me a small smile.

Did he sense something?

"Sure." I nervously smiled, not wanting to give him any hint about my plan. I kept walking until I reached the washroom and turned around.

"I'll wait here." He spoke before taking his phone out of his pocket.

I smiled before closing the door behind me. The washroom was big and there was no one in there.

"What should I do now?" I curled my fingers in my hair as I thought about my next step. The windows in the washroom were too small for me to get out of them. I couldn't even break them because Lorenzo would clearly hear me. And I couldn't even hide here. I needed to run and the only way was the door.

Lorenzo was standing outside of the door and it was impossible to go from there.

I waited and waited.

Should I go and talk to Lorenzo? Maybe he would have mercy on me and let me go. He looked so calm and better than Stephen.

But who was I kidding. He was Stephen's closest friend that Stephen trusted to leave me to him and he was probably as worse as Stephen.

I kept walking back and forth in the washroom. It's been more than five minutes. I couldn't take a lot of time here. I couldn't have anyone doubt on me now.

I tiptoed towards the door and quietly opened it.

To my utter surprise, I didn't see Lorenzo anywhere near the washroom. I watched carefully but no sign of him, not even Stephen.

I let out a long sigh and took deep breathes before quickly stepping out of the lady's washroom. Watching my steps carefully, I walked towards the backside of the party.

Everyone seemed busy and no one noticed me at all.

Once I sneak out of this party, Stephen would never see me again. I would go somewhere so far with my Nana.

God! I missed my Nana. She must be waiting for me.

I was successful in getting out of the party as now I was probably in the parking lot. Just few more steps, and I'll be free.

I looked around. There was no one in the parking lot. I didn't even know where I was. I should've asked someone before sneaking out. But that didn't matter at this point. I would go anywhere. Now even hell seemed better than Stephen's place.