09 | 𝚂 𝚃 𝙴 𝙿 𝙷 𝙴 𝙽

••

STEPHEN

The world is a cruel place, dark place. I live in it. I breath in it, I thrived. And the darkness became a part of me. The darkness became me. In my entire life, I've moved into the shadows, until my darkness followed me. I destroyed lives, many souls, spilled blood, left bloodshed behind me. Killing was just as easy as breathing for me. People call me monster, ruthless, heartless, in the ring they call me beast. They don't lie. I see fear in their eyes when they hear my name, as if I am their death. News channels love to write and talk about me, but nobody wants to get closer. I am a danger for them.

I heard Lorenzo mumbling after he cut the call. "We will reach in a few."

Lorenzo. My second in command. He was that type of man who lived on adrenaline of making men bellyache in fear. He was quiet in nature but he is a made man. When he is mad, nothing mattered to him except for kill. He could make people's blood run cold. A clean death. But most of the times, he liked it messy.

I just nodded and looked out. The world, it looks beautiful. But in reality this world is cruel. My world. This is bloody. There is a simple rule in my dark world. Once you become a made man, there is no going back. You either survive in this world, or you die like a made man. And if you try to run away from this hell, you bleed, until you have nothing left in your body.

The car has come to a stop and I stepped out of my car. I fixed my suit as I looked around. I mean, gentlemen liked to wear suits but you know, bad boys wore them better.

Lorenzo came beside me as we walked forward, my men following me from behind. The guards greeted me with a slight bow of their heads, making a way for me, their heads hung low, none of them dared to meet my eyes. I had the power to have everyone underneath me, on their knees. I gained it.

There the bastard was, sitting like he was a king. He must be thinking that I would be scared seeing the amount of securities around the place and sign whatever motherfucking deal he would throw at me. Only if he knew...

"Hello, Francesco. How have you been?" I greeted in the most polite way I could. Note the sarcasm.

He straightened hearing my voice and got up as he fixed his suit. I could tell he was trembling in fear but he tried his best to hide that from me. Did I mention? He failed. He held up a hand for me to shake and I gladly took his hand. "Hello, Mr. Russo. I have heard a lot about you from people and my dad. It's really nice seeing you in real."

Yes motherfucker. I'm your worst nightmare. "Your dad died. I am really sorry to hear the news. He was such a nice men, one of my close and trusted men." I spoke,looking around at the guards. "The securities have increased. They look alert." I chuckled, shaking my head. So much preparations for me huh?

"They are just doing their jobs Mr. Russo. Anyways, have a seat. We have a lot to talk." He gestured toward the chairs. I threw myself on a chair, crossing my right ankle over my left knee and waited for the asshole to continue. Thank God he did.

"Let's get straight to the point, shall we? According to my father's business deals, I would sell you the best drugs from my city. In that way, our partnership will be stronger and you can make more money. But, I also want something in return. And that is, you will have to name the whole property to me. So when you leave, this place will be mine." He ended.

I stared at him. How foolish. They know the consequences but still try and play with us. I looked at Lorenzo who looked totally unfazed with the matter, just like me. I chuckled before narrowing my eyes at Francesco, motherfucker.