14 | 𝚂 𝚃 𝙴 𝙿 𝙷 𝙴 𝙽

ALESSA

Sunlight peeked through the curtains into my room and I hid my face under the blanket to make myself more comfortable. It's been so long since I slept well, it felt like I slept for forever. But the pain on my arms and feet were still there.

Removing the blanket from my body, I dragged myself out of the warmth and walked towards the curtains. I opened the curtains before the sunlight entered the room fully, but the windows were still closed. I peeked out of the window to see only trees, garden and a small creek around. No buildings, no roads, no human.

As I was watching, I heard someone knocking the door slightly. Turning around, I saw Rebecca standing out of the room, waiting for my permission.

But if it was some other case, I would've let her in. Remembering the fact that she didn't help me get out of this place instead asked me to be patience, I was still mad at her.

"You want something?" I asked in my morning voice.

"Good morning, Alessa." She scratched her neck before looking back at me again, "How are you feeling today?"

"Does it matter?" I sighed. "Get straight to the point, please."

"Stephen asked you to have breakfast with him." She gave me a nervous smile. "He is waiting for you downstairs."

Now what was his new plan? Was he trying to act all good with me ignoring all the facts that he kidnapped me, threatened to kill my Nana and friends, almost raped me and also killed someone in front of my eyes. If he thought him being all good was going to change my mind then he was totally wrong. Yet, I couldn't deny how empty and terrible I feel when I think about him hurting my Nana and friends because of me.

"I am not hungry now." I said. "I'll eat later."

The nervous smile on her face dropped when she heard me. She again spoke, as if she was being too serious, "Stephen won't like that if you disobey him. It's just breakfast. Please come down." Her voice sounded desperate.

Before I could reply, Stephen entered the room, making Rebecca move a little and make a way for him. He was wearing black slack pants, navy blue shirt, muscles bulging out as he slipped his hands in his pockets. His hair perfectly done, tic of his jaw was visible and I couldn't deny he was already on the list of most handsome men I've ever seen and without any doubt, he was at the top.

He looked at me, his eyes fixed on mine and a little smirk on his face as he caught me checking him up and down. I immediately wanted to slap myself.

"Go get freshen up, Alessa. I don't like when you waste time." He spoke, his tone dared me to deny him. I sighed, knowing he won't listen to me anyways and make me do what he wanted me to do which I hated the most, I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me with a loud thud.

After washing my face and getting ready, I walked out of the room. This was the second time of me walking out all by myself, without Stephen dragging me out. My eyes started to explore the beauty of the hallway as I walked towards the dining room.

When I reached the dining room, my eyes fell on Stephen as he sat on a chair, scrolling through his phone. I stood there, not knowing if I should listen to him or just go back to the room.

"Alessa, come here." He spoke, his eyes still fixed on his phone.

I let out a sigh of irritation of being controlled and walked over to the table. I pulled out a chair opposite of his and sat down.

Stephen put the phone aside and looked up at me. I waited for him to speak but instead, he just stared at me. I wanted to slap him for that but remembering how a slap led me here today, I denied that idea.