Bonus Chapter

TW : drug use, suicide, trauma

Kian's POV

''Mom, please. I don't want to talk to her. I'm probably going to embarrass myself." I whined to my mom who was just chuckling softly.

"Kian, amore. Why would you embarrass yourself? Just be you and that's all that matters." She explained.

How can I be myself when I'm socially awkward and have a tough time talking with someone. And my English is not that perfect, but my mom talks to me in English to make it better.

Being a fourteen-year-old boy is tuff. And no many people accepted me in school. However, I try to talk to someone who may be a potential friend. So far it was bad. And I got bullies.

"I'm going to think about your advice, mamma." I smiled. Just when she was about to reply, the door of our house busted open and my father stumbled in.

"Victor, what happened?" My mom rushed over but got pushed. I was always scared of my papa so I couldn't yell at him or tell him how wrong he was to push mamma aside.

"We are doomed. Our work collapsed." He said and stumbled on the chair. My eyes widened hearing his words. I know that their work was important to them.

"Come?" Mamma yelled. [translation: How?]

"It's all gone. We can't even afford this apartment anymore. It all went to dust." Papa said waving his arms around.

They were both devastated, I could see it in their eyes. But I never expected my life as a young boy to turn out that way. Then months after, we moved into a one-bedroom condo. I was usually sleeping on the thin mattress in the living room if that's what I could call it.

My mamma and papa have started going out more and they would come late. They thought they were quiet but I heard them every time they returned. I could smell alcohol coming from them and another smell I wasn't aware of before.

One day I retreated from school to come home and mamma was using some white powder. She made a line on the small coffee table where I usually ate when we had food and snorted it into her nose. It was strange to see that activity coming from her. I think people aren't supposed to snort things in their noses just like that.

"Mamma, what is that?" I asked curiously and sat next to her. She leaned back and took a big sniff of air before relaxing and smiled softly.

"It makes me happy. I feel relaxed, bebè." She ruffled my hair.

"Would it make me happy if I try?" I asked but she shook her head in response.

"No no. Little boys like you aren't supposed to use this." She chuckled.

"Does it helps with other things too except being happy?" I questioned.

"It helps you to forget."

Very interesting powder that makes you happy and forgetful. I guess it helps my mom to forget what are we going through. But I'm concerned about her using this. It smells weird.

When I looked at her again she was asleep on the floor. She was probably tired. I pulled her up with all of my strength and put her on my back. Mamma has gotten light for these past few months. She always joked that she wanted to be slimmer so she is probably happy now, but I still wanted her to eat more.

I placed her in the bed and covered her with the light duvet, letting her rest herself. She had a bit of white powder on her nose so I wiped it with the blanket. I was scared to touch it.