Chapter 5

Valeriana's POV

I arrived in the company alone, because Kian told me he can't pick me up. He said he had to go somewhere regarding the work, but he will be in the office by the time I arrive.

On my way to the office I wanted to stop and talk with Julia, but I already saw her being busy with some man. By the look on their faces, he was teasing her and that made her embarassed. I went towards them as I got out of the elevator.

"Good morning!" I greeted them.
"Is this Miss I'm-Kian's-girlfriend?" The man said, making me blush. But it left me confused.
"I'm Valeriana. Who are you if I may ask?" I asked politely.
"I'm Dante Finn, Kian's best friend. He told me about you." I inwardly smiled.

"Well, nice to meet you Mr. Finn." I said and turned to Julia.
"Is Kian inside his office?" I asked her.
"Yes, he is." I nodded and brushed past Mr. Finn. I heard him talking to Julia, "we're going to finish this later". Poor Julia! She can easily get embarassed over something.

I entered the office and saw Kian already looking at some papers. There was a stack of documents on his table. He lifted up his head and smiled at me.
"Come here, princess." He opened his arms in which I immeditely went. I hugged him tighter around his torso as he sat me on his lap.

"I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up today. Was there any problem on the way?" He said and tucked a hair strand behind my ear.
"Everything was fine." I said reassuring him when I saw his worried look. He kissed my cheek and pulled me to his chest.

"I missed you." He groaned and nuzzled his nose in my hair.
"We have seen each other yesterday, silly." I giggled. He can be so childish sometimes.
"It's not enough. I want you to be always by my side."

I wanted to say something when door opened and inside entered Mr. Finn.
"Kian!" He said dramatically and almost moaning. I looked at him bewildered. I could feel the heat rushing in my cheeks and I was blushing.

"Shut up, idiot!" Kian greeted out. Didn't he say they were best friends? They confuse me.
"I'm kidding, bro." Mr. Finn said and raised his hands up in surrender.
"What are you doing here?" Kian asked him, still annoyed.

"I came to see you, my best friend. But I already see that you have a company." He wiggled his eyebrows in teasing manner.
"You see well then." Kian confirmed.
"When are we going to hang out?" He said, but I think there was something hidden behind that 'hang out'.

"I'll see." Kian muttered.
"Why don't you go hang out with him? You're always stuck in this office." I suggested. He looked up at me with strange look, but it was soon replaced with small smile.
"I guess she made you accept my offer. I will see you soon then." Mr. Finn said and rushed out of the office.

"Do you even know where we hang out, baby?" Kian smirked.
"I don't know. But if you have fun there with your friend, then you should go." I smiled.
"Thank you, but the place we have fun is not nice." He said and kissed my forehead. I stood back and went to sit on my chair.

Where do they have fun then? I was confused, but let go of that matter. He is grown up man and he knows consequences of his actions. I won't comment anything on that.

I was helping him fix the papers regarding shipment and transaction. He is working a lot and I want to reduce his work. It's been a while since I started working here and I already accommodated here.

I heard a knock on the door. When Kian said to enter, I was surprised to see my father.
''Hello!'' My dad said and nodded his head to Kian.
''What are you doing here, dad?'' I asked.

''I came to visit Mr. Moreno regarding some matter. He knows.'' My dad said and looked at Kian. Kian gave him a look of acknowledgement.
''Will you bring us coffee, princess?'' Kian asked me softly. I nodded my head and took my purse.

I got out and headed to the cafeteria. I guess they had private matter to discuss so that's why he asked me to get them some coffee as a excuse. But it's okay. I wouldn't bother them anyway.

I ordered two black coffees. I know my father only drinks black coffee and so does Kian. While I hate black coffee. I can only drink frapuccino or fruity milkshakes.

I was taking my time to go up. I smiled to Julia before proceeding to go in the office. Just when I pulled on the doorknob gently, I heard them saying my name which left me curious and I continued to eavesdrop.

''You need to tell Valeriana about this matter soon, Mr. Moreno.'' My dad said to Kian.
''Don't you think I don't know that? I planned to tell her soon.''
''She has a right to know that she would be marrying you. You can't tell her on the day before the wedding date.'' My dad said.

I took a step back and gasped. I coincidentally dropped the coffee on the floor. I have to... How could he keep secret about that? After how he acted towards me, I thought he won't lie to me.

The door opened and revealed Kian with shocked look.
''You heard everything, right?''
''How could you keep that secret while facing me? Have you not felt guilty?'' I snapped. I saw my father getting up from the chair. He would probably start talking about excuses.

I got inside the office and took my coat. I can't have them in my sight now. I just want to go home. Before I stepped out of the office, Kian grabbed my arm gently.

''I'm sorry, baby. Please, let's talk.'' Kian said with desperation.
''We will, but not now. I can't stand the sight of you.'' I said and started walking towards the elevator.

Was he acting like this because he knew I had to marry him? I refuse to believe that, but the fact that he kept that big secret hurt me the most. How can I trust him now that he doesn't have anymore secrets?

I called the cab and it was here minutes later. I just wanted to think this through at home. Marriage? Wedding? I can't believe it. That decision was a life important decision and he decided to keep it a secret.

Maybe I would take this differently if he told me that at the begining. I would know his intentions and why he behaved nicely to me. But now, I'm just angry and confused. And when I'm angry I don't think well. I will talk to him about this later. It's the best.