Chapter 23

Merry Christmas! Here is another chapter.

Valeriana's POV

I opened my eyes, blinking few time to adjust to lights. Once I got my normal vision back, I looked around to see that I'm in the hospital room. Why am I in here?

I remembered about me passing out in the middle of the meeting. Mr. Turner probably brought me here. I don't know why I passed out. It never happened before.

I brought my hand to my stomach. Is my baby okay in my tummy? Why is nobody coming yet? Has Kian found out yet? I have so many questions I need answer too.

''You're awake.'' The nurse said, coming inside. I guess I was stuck up in my thoughts that I didn't notice her coming inside.
''What happened?'' I asked, sitting up a little. She adjusted a pillow behind my back.

''You passed out and the man that brought you here told me to call him when you're awake. But the reason why you passed out was because of a stress and tiredness. And you're also pregnant. That could've led you to the miscarriage.'' She spoke.

''M-Miscarriage?'' I stuttered. My chest swelled with pain at the thought of losing my baby.
''Yes. But don't worry now. The baby is perfectly fine.'' She reassured me. But I was still feeling traumatized because of that thought.

''You should get some rest. Doctor will come later to discharge you. But when you get home make sure to get plenty of rest and sleep. You look like you haven't slept in a year.'' She joked, but she was dead serious. I nodded my head in understanding.

Before she got out, she stopped by the door and turned to look at me.
''I forgot to tell you that we contacted your husband. He said he will be here soon.'' My eyes opened wide. What will I tell to Kian? I heard her closing the door as I looked down at my hands.

If Kian finds out about me almost loosing our baby, how will he react? I know he will be mad at me. I'm at fault for everything. If only I didn't I put pressure on myself, my baby wouldn't have to suffer.

The door burst open and inside came Kian with very worried look on his face. I couldn't stop sobbing and crying at the thoughts of losing my baby.

Kian rushed to me and wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe again as he was holding me.
''I'm sorry. I'm sorry.'' I sobbed. He loosed his arms around me and lifted my chin.

''Why are you apologizing, baby? Are you okay? Tell me what happened. And calm down.'' He cooed at me and wiped my face.
''Doctor didn't tell you?'' I asked, confused.
''No. I rushed to you right away.'' He said.

I had to do this. No matter how much he will hate me after this, he had a right to know.
''I passed out during the meeting. I-I'm pregnant, Kian. And I almost lost our baby because of a stress and pressure I have been putting myself into.'' I spoke. Tears were falling on my cheeks again.

I didn't dare to look at him. He must be angry and disappointed at me. All because of my stubbornness.
''Is the baby okay now?'' He said, barely in a whisper.
''Yes. I'm sorry, Kian. For putting our baby's life in danger.'' I sobbed.

He lifted my head to look at him, but I averted my eyes down. I felt ashamed of myself.
''Look at me, baby.'' He spoke softly, but it was an order from him. I slowly locked my eyes with his.

''I love you, alright?'' He said, smiling a little. Just when he said that I started crying again. I cried because I was happy, but mostly because of my hormones.

''Shh. No crying anymore.'' He cooed and leaned his forehead against mine. I felt peaceful and happy with him close like this.
''I'm sorry. I love you too.'' I said. He smiled and gave me soft kiss on my lips.

''Our little baby is fine and that's all that matters. And stop crying. It's not good for the baby.'' He said. I nodded my head and wiped my tears quickly.
''That's better.'' He said, tucking hair strands behind my ears. I smiled slightly in relief.

He pulled a chair next to me and sat down. He held my hand as we stayed in silence. I didn't know what to say and I know he wanted to say a lot.

''I'm upset, Valeriana.'' He said. I figured out that just when he said my full name. I nodded my head. My chest were feeling heavy. I looked at the blanket and rubbed my stomach.

''First, I'm upset at myself. I feel guilty for blaming you for something you didn't do. I'm very sorry for that, baby. But I'm upset at you too. You were hiding that you were pregnant with my child. And you were putting a stress on yourself. You maybe didn't know it, but obviously baby felt it.'' He sighed. My heart was feeling pain as he spoke every word.

''I'm not blaming you for what almost happened, alright? I love you. And because of that you should have told me sooner. You won't work anymore until our baby is born. I hope you understand that. I just want our baby to be safe.'' He said.

''I understand, Kian. I will never do something like this again.'' I assured him. He kissed my hand softly and smiled at me.
''You're not a kid. Of course you won't.'' He said. His voice was a little bit playful, making me giggle. But I understood what he meant.

We soon heard a knock on the door when doctor came. He smiled at us before coming to stand next to me. He took my hand and checked my puls.
''Well, everything seems okay. Nurse told you what you need to do, right?'' I nodded my head.

''Very well then. You can go home now. I'm going to arrange you an appointment in a week. To check on the baby.''
''Alright. Thank you.'' I smiled.
''Get dressed then. I'm going out to talk with the doctor.'' Kian said before kissing my head.

Once he got out, I slowly got up and took my clothes from the nightstand next to the bed. I changed the hospital gown and got dressed in my previous clothes. I put on my flats and put my hair in a loose ponytail. I'm pretty sure, I looked like a mess, but I could care less.

Kian got back inside and wrapped his arm around me.
''What did the doctor tell you?'' I asked.
''Nothing much. I just asked him what you and the baby will need.'' He shrugged and pulled me out of the room.

He helped me inside the car. I felt at ease. It felt suffocating in the hospital. I never liked hospitals.
''I called Taylor and told him to take your things in that motel.'' Kian grumbled. I could tell he didn't liked the idea of me there.

When we arrived back at home, I immediately went to our room with Kian following me. I just wanted a shower and Kian like he heard my thoughts pulled me inside the bathroom.

After our bath, I dressed in my fluffy pajama and laid together with Kian. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me on top of him.
''I love you both.'' He whispered in my hair.
''We love you too.'' I giggled. He chuckled and started caressing my hair, only lulling me to sleep. I finally felt content with my man in his embrace.