Chapter 14

Valeriana's POV

We safely landed at the airport. Kian and I got out and our luggage was already taken in the car. We entered the car which drove us to Kian's house.

I have never been to his house, but since we are married, I can consider it as our house. I'm excited to live with Kian. But I remembered that I need to find a job. I'm no longer working at Kian's company and I need to find another stable job.

We were driving for a while when big white house came in my view. The car stopped in front of its doors. I gawked at the house. It was so beautiful. And there was a garden too. It looked like a princess's home.

We got out out of the car and I followed Kian inside. Inside was more beautiful. I liked Kian's taste in decorating.
''This is our house from now on. I'll show you the room.'' He said and started going upstairs.

He stopped in front of the door and opened it.
''This is your room. Mine is there.'' He pointed to the end of a hallway.
''Again? Why do you not want to share a room with me? I'm your wife.'' I said and crossed my arms under my chest.

''I know, but I want you to get sleep at night. And if we sleep together, I guarantee you that you won't. Don't be stubborn.'' He said and intended to touch me. I backed away and pulled the suitcase with me towards his room.

''Valeriana, come here.'' He called after me, but I didn't listen instead I entered his room. Well, his room wasn't anything special. It was plain with only a bed and a dresser. There was also two nightstands on the each side of a bed.

''Valeriana, this is my room only.'' I heard him say behind me.
''Well, now it's ours. And I don't understand why you don't want to share a room with me. We're wedded in case you forgot.'' I sassed.
''I know that we're married. But...'' He sighed heavily and rubbed his face.

I got closer and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in a hug. He didn't hesitate to hug me back.
''We are going to share one bed, because I want to. You don't have to worry about me not getting some sleep.'' I said, rubbing his back.

''Thank you, baby. I love you.'' He mumbled in my neck. I nodded and pulled away. I took my suitcase in the closet and started unpacking. It's better if I do it now then bother later.

After quick unpacking, I got out of the room and went downstairs. He was already in a kitchen. I was surprised to see him cooking. And it was smelling delicious.

''What are you cooking?'' I asked as I took a look.
''Chicken with rice.'' He answered, stirring the rice. Well, I'm glad he is not one of those people who only know how to fry an egg. I'm actually proud of him for putting an effort into cooking.

After an hour he finished and served the food in plates. When I tasted it, I was shocked how good this was.
''How do you know to cook this well?'' I asked. He chuckled at my reaction.

''Well, I'm Italian. And I worked as the cook in a restaurant.''
''A cook? When?'' I would never imagine him as a cook.
''About 6 years ago.'' He said.

I was fifteen about six years ago. It's funny when I think about it. But I'm curious now about his past. What was he working before he became the CEO? I think he is hiding a lot from me.

''What were you doing before? I mean, your job. Were you only a cook?'' I asked. I wanted to find out.
''Do you want to find out?'' He asked me carefully. I nodded my head.
''Then get ready. We're going out.'' He said and got up.

''Why?'' I asked confused. We literally arrived here two hours ago.
''You wanted to find out. Then let's go.'' He said and rushed me upstairs. We even left the food on the table. I put my jacket on and took my purse with my stuff.