Chapter 19

Kian's POV

"Mamma, don't. Please." I cried to my mamma but she ignored me and continued climbing on the chair. By the look in her eyes, I knew she used that white powder. But mamma never did something like that.

''Mamma loves you. I can't take the suffering anymore, my baby boy. But don't worry, mamma will be on a better place soon.'' I couldn't help her because she wasn't allowing me. Tears already blurred my sight so much that I couldn't see. I was desperate as I watched her closing her eyes.

"Mamma, no!" I screamed as she pushed the chair that was holding her. I sobbed loudly when I saw her pale face. My mother just made a suicide in front of me. My head was spinning around before I slipped into darkness.

I jolted up in the bed, breathing heavily. My loud breaths could be heard in a room. Why do you need to show up everytime? I thought to myself. I calmed down after a while and laid back next to Valeriana.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer. She was so beautiful sleeping. I removed the hair from her face as I continued looking at her. I regret being suspicious towards her. Everything was matching, but she proved me she is innocent.

How much I want to take her now. She makes me horny just with one look. Since that day when we consumed our marriage for the first time, I can't stop making love to her. I make love to her almost every night. I want to worship her body because it's so precious.

I pulled her to my chest to feel her warmth. She snuggled closer to me making me chuckle. She is responsive even when she is sleeping. But these past week she has been acting strange. I don't know if it's because of that minor accident or something else. She started to be more secretive. I'll just have to find out what she is hiding from me.

I got up carefully, not to wake her up, and went to take a shower. I dressed in my suit and got ready to go to my office. It was still 7 in the morning, but I had to wait for someone. I was soon in front of my company where I saw familiar car.

I rushed inside and took the elevator to my office. It was a short trip there when I got inside. I saw the man sitting on the chair. His briefcase was next to him. I circled him and sat at my chair.

"Good morning, detective. Is there some news since you're here?" I asked. He gluped mervously as he handed me an USB stick. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"On the USB, there is video that was caught on CCTV. Your wife met her father three days ago." He said, nervously. My eyes widened in shock and anger. She met with her f**king dad and she didn't tell me. And I thought to have some trust in her. All people do is betray me, just like she did. My own f**king wife.

I told him to leave after I gave him his paycheck. I snatched the USB and put it inside the laptop. I opened the video and started watching it.

"Why did you do that to Kian? He is your son-in-law."
"I needed money, Valeriana. I have a very big debt to loan sharks. Have some understanding for me.''
''What you did was very disgusting.''
''I know. But please don't tell him about me. Please.'' Valeriana took a step back and looked at her father. He was pleading almost on his knees.
''Fine...''

I slammed my laptop shut when I heard what she said. How could she? I was trusting her, loving her...I gave her my heart, but she shattered it with that one word. How could she step on her father's side after everything he caused to me?

I took the bottle with scotch and filled the glass. I calmed down after I tasted some of the alcohol. It burned my throat as I sipped it. I spent the time alone in my office with glass of scotch in my hand. I wasn't getting drunk. I couldn't, because of what would come next, I had to be sober.

I got up from my chair and got out of my office. I told Julia to cancel all of my appointments for today. I had to deal with my wife at home. I took my car and drove off to 'our' house.

She would still be at home by this time. But in any case, I called her boss, Mr. Turner, and told him she can't come today. He, of course, agreed the moment I told him that. Of course he would agree with me.

I entered the door ready to beat up someone. Or that's how I felt. Furious because of what she did. I love her and she did something like that behind my back.

I saw her in a kitchen making a tea.
''Good morning, my lovely lying wife!'' I stated sarcastically and crossed my arms on my chest. She turned around looking at me confused. Like she doesn't know what she did.

''What are you talking about?''
''How could you do that to me? What was the reason you met your f**king father behind my back?'' I growled. She wasn't getting out of this.

''I...That was...'' She couldn't even make a sentence. I rubbed my face, growing angrier by every second. My heart was hurting because of her betrayal. I love her more than anyone I ever loved before.

''Was everything I gave you not enough?'' I asked, hurt was evident in my voice. Her eyes grew slightly wider as she almost started crying.
''I gave you everything you wanted. I even gave you my heart. And all you could do was crush it. I should have known that your family is more important than us.'' I said, my heart breaking at the words.

She came towards me, already crying and intended to touch my face, but I put her hand down.
''Please go. I don't want to see you.'' I said.
''No, Kian. You misunderstood. If you let me expl—'' I cut her off.
''You had plenty of time to explain yourself. You shoud have told me three days ago when you actually met your father. You knew I don't like to wait when you need to tell me something.''

I said and started going upstairs.
''Kian, please. You'll regret this.'' She said, firmly. The last sentence made me overthink, but I couldn't listen to her anymore. So I continued going in my room.

I immediately went to take a shower and relax myself. I soon heard the door slamming close in the room. She left. I don't know what happened to me when I broke down crying.

''Mamma, help me.'' I sobbed. The pain was unbearable. I'm lost now. I can't take it anymore. Why do I always need to suffer? Since I was born, I always encountered suffering. Just why?