Chapter 21

Kian's POV

She left yesterday. I haven't heard of her. My worries didn't stop. You're at fault for that. My concious told me. I'm at fault for her leaving me. But she hurt me a lot. I can't have her back just like that.

I was interrupted in my thoughts when I heard my phone ringing.
''Hello, detective! Any news?'' I asked, anxiously.
''Yes, Mr. Moreno. You're wife has been staying in a motel since yesterday.'' My heart started thumping fast at the news.

She took a room in a motel. Is she fine there? Is she safe? There are many kinds of people who stay at motels.
''I can assure you she is safe. I saw her going to work this morning.'' He informed me.
''Alright. Bye.'' I hung up at him.

My thoughts were jumbled up in my mind. She is staying in a motel. It's dangerous for her. Anyone can barge into her room at night and hurt her. But why am I worrying so much?

My phone rung again. I saw it was the maid who cleans my house few times a week.
''Hello, Mrs. Rivera. Is there any problem?'' I asked.
''Mr. Moreno, some man came to your house. He claims that he needs to see you.'' She said.

''Have you asked for his name?''
''Yes, he said his name is John Delmonte.'' She said. Did I hear well? That f**ker came to my house. I saw red as I got up and rushed to my car.

I couldn't care less about red lights as I just passed them. I want to strangle him. Cheating motherf**ker. He stole a lot money from me, but luckily I managed to fix it quickly. But question is, why he came to my house?

I was soon parked in the driveway of my house. I ran inside the house and saw him talking with Mrs. Rivera. She noticed me, but I just looked at John.
"Mr. Moreno, you arrived fas—" She didn't get to finish the sentence as I punched him in the face. He fell on the floor, holding his bleeding lip.

I got on top of him and started punching him. There was blood all over his mouth and I could hear protests and gasps of Mrs. Rivera as she tried to pull me back. Once I felt satisfied, I got up from his body. His eye was swollen and his lips were bleeding. He got what he deserved.

"How dare you show up in front of me?" I yelled. He barely got up, but even then, he managed to stay on his feet.
"I wanted to come back and apologize. I was at fault that my daughter and you had to suffer from the embarassement. But you need to know that I did all of it, to pay my debt." He said, making me roll my eyes.

"They could've killed me if I didn't pay for it. Please, forgive me."
"You and your daughter should get out of my life. You caused me too many problems." Once I said that, he looked at me with the look of confusion. I couldn't comprehand what he was thinking.

"My daughter was never involved with my debt. She didn't know. My wife knew and when I did what I did, she went to her cousin in Canada to escape from embarassement. But Valeriana never did something." My blood was pumping faster throught my veins. How did then...

"She met me four days ago and told me to confess what I did or she would report me herself to the police. I didn't want her to do that. It was my responsability. She suffered enough and I know she didn't deserve that. Please, forgive me." He pleaded. I shook him off and caught my head.

What did I do? I kicked out the woman I love because of the stupid misunderstanding. How could I be so stupid? If it wasn't for her father, none of this would have happened. I should get her back, this instant.

"Stay here. And if you run, I'm going to call the police to chase you." I warned him before going out. I entered the car and put the location of the motel she was staying in. My thoughts were everywhere. How could I misunderstand her? I feel like killing myself now.

I remember she tried to tell me yesterday, but I didn't let her. I was assuming wrong things this whole time. She was innocent all the time, but I accused her of something terrible. She is my damn wife. And I love her a lot, but I made a mistake towards her and I want to get it fixed.

She should be in the motel room because it's already late for her to still work. I'm going to fix this. I arrived in no time to that motel. I would lie if I said this was a safe place.

I got inside and saw annoyed looking woman on the reception.
''Hello, I need to know where my wife stays? Valeriana Moreno.'' I said. She looked at me suspiciously before typing in the computer something.

''Room 34. First floor.''
''Thank you.'' I said and ran upstairs. I checked through the rooms and saw that it was the last one in the hallway. I knocked vigorously on the door. I backed away when the door opened.

When I saw her, my heart ached. She was pale, but looked like she put some weight on.
''Kian, what are you doing here? How did you find me?'' She asked, her eyebrows furrowing. She looked so cute this confused.

''Your father came to our house. And told me everything.'' I said. Her eyes widened slightly.
''I want to apologize for misunderstanding you. I'm at fault for what happened. And I'm sorry so much. I want you to get back home, please.'' I begged her.

Sbe was looking at me with sadness and regret. I thought she would say yes, but she gave me a totally different answer.

''I can't, Kian. I want to stay here for a while from you and this whole situation. I'm sorry too, for what my father did. But I want us to take a break from each other.'' She explained and started closing the door. I pushed it back open with a little bit of a force.

''Take a break? You forgot we're f**king married? I want you to come home with me now.'' I said, emphasizing 'now'. She shook her head in protesting.
''You will always be like this. We always seem to get into fights and I'm tired of it, Kian. So please leave me alone for the time being.'' She said and smashed the door into my face.

That's what you get with that temper of yours, dumbass. You need to change. I thought to myself. I will leave her alone, but not for too long.