Chapter 20

Valeriana's POV

''Don't cry anymore.'' Christine said as she engulfed me in a hug. I couldn't stop sobbing.
''Think about your baby. It's not good for you to stress too much.'' She said rubbing my back.

''I'm going to kill him. How could he do that to you?'' Mark seethed.
''It was my fault.'' I said. I wiped my tears.
''How could it be your fault?'' Mark said giving me a perplexed look.

So I told them what happened. My father contacted me three days ago. I didn't know whose number was that, but he wanted me to get him more money. He actually thought that because I live with the Kian, I'm going to cover up his debts.

But I told him no. He brought that up on his himself. And I didn't want to deal with him. I love Kian and I would never betray him. After we had a little fight, I told him I won't tell Kian about it, but I gave him the deadline until tomorrow to go to Kian himself. Or I would tell Kian and the police, I met him.

''And why did he get mad?'' Christine asked me.
''I think he misunderstood something.'' I said. Mark shook his head in disbelief.
''Unbelievable. He is a jerk and idiot. I can't believe that he is able to kick out his own wife. I'm going to have a talk with him.'' Mark said.

''No. Let him be for a while. He is very angry and hurt right now.'' I spoke.
''Do you want to stay here, Val?'' Christine asked me. That was a very good offer, but I couldn't ruin their private time. And I'm also pregnant. They would have to deal with my crazy cravings and mood swings that already started to show.

''Thank you, but I was thinking to go to my cousin.'' I lied.
''Are you sure?'' She asked me again.
''Yes. I should just go now. Thank you for letting me in.'' I said, getting up.
''You won't stay for the lunch?''
''I'm fine. It's better if I go soon to her.'' I smiled a little and grabbed the handle of my suitcase.

''Okay then. Be careful on the way.'' Christine said and gave me a hug. Mark hugged me too and told me few words of worry. I'm glad I have such a nice friends.

I got out of their house and called the cab. It soon picked me up.
''Where to, Miss?'' The driver asked me.
''Nearest motel.'' I said. He started driving as I got lost in my thoughts. I was holding a baby in my tummy and I was all alone. I know how Kian feels and I don't blame him. I brought this up to myself.

The driver left me where I said to him before. I didn't have that much money for the hotel, because I didn't know how long would I be here so motel was the best option. I went to the reception where I saw an older woman.

''Hello!'' I said.
''Hello! You need a room?'' She said plainly.
''Yes. I'd like to get a single room, please?'' I asked. She typed in something.
''For how long?''

''I don't know. For how long it's needed.'' I replied. She gave a confused look, but quickly typed in something. She took the key and slided it under the glass.
''Room 34, first floor.'' She said. I nodded and took my suitcase.

Thank God, she gave me a room on the first floor or I wouldn't have walked too much. I started getting tired these past few days. I found the room and entered it. It was better than I thought.

There was a one bed next to the wall and a wardrobe. But I prefered for my clothes to stay in the suitcase. I sat down on the bed after setting my suitcase down.

I didn't have any food to eat yet and I had to take my vitamins. Why this must be so difficult? I felt the tears gathering in my eyes. Kian doesn't want me anymore after I hid a secret from him. I know he feels betrayed by me and it hurts me to know that.

''I'm sorry, my baby. Mommy did very bad things to daddy.'' I spoke to my baby and rubbed my stomach. I know my baby feels everything I feel and I feel bad for stressing it.

I took my purse and got out of the room, locking the door on my way. I headed out to the nearest store to buy food for myself. I had to feed the baby even if I wasn't hungry that much.

I found the store right behind the corner of the street. I got inside and found young woman behind the counter. She smiled at me when I entered.

I took two packed sandwiches and two big chocolate bars. Then I found chocolate milk and I wanted it so much so I took one. I also took bananas and cookies with cream.

I took it all to the cashier. She smiled when she saw how much food I took.
''How far are you if I may ask?'' She asked me. I figured out what she asked.
''A month. But how did you know?'' I asked.
''Honey, I had three pregnancies. I can recognize it. You have that glow.'' She said. I nodded my head. Her words made me blush.

I thanked her after I payed and went back to the motel. I ate sandwiches first and took vitamins. I felt my tummy being full, but I drank chocolate milk I bought too. I laid down on the bed and covered myself.

Today has been tiring with all the stress I went through. My thoughts drifted of to Kian again. How he must feel now? All I saw was hurt in his eyes and that hurt me too. I remember the day when we both stayed at home.

''Baby?'' Kian called me. I turned around in his arms and looked at him.
''What is it?''
''One day when we have kids. How do you want to name them?'' I felt all jelly at his words. He wants to have babies with me and that made me happy.

''I don't know. Why are you thinking about that? We still have time until it happens.'' I said.
''But it's always better to think beforehand, right?'' He said smirking. I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour.

''Maybe Antonio for a boy. I like that name.'' I said.
''I like it too. And for a girl, I always wanted my mother's name, Chiara.'' I saw hint of sadness in his eyes. I brought up my hand to caress his face.

I leaned in and kissed his lips softly. But he deepened the kiss right after I wanted to pull away. He left me breathless for a few seconds.
''I love it.'' I said. He smiled and pecked my lips once again.

I sobbed in the bed at the thought of that conversation. Even if we didn't know I would get pregnant soon, he already told me he wanted kids. But after what happened, he doesn't want us anymore. And that hurts me the most.