Chapter 16

Valeriana's POV

''Kian?'' I called him. He turned his head to me in a swift motion. I thought he broke his neck with how fast he turned his head.
''Yes, baby?'' He said, rubbing my thigh. This move caused a warm friction to spread on my legs.

''I wanted to tell you that I got a job yesterday in a company where Mark works at. As a secretary.'' I explained. He looked at me blankly. I was confused with his reaction. Is he mad or happy?

''And you couldn't tell me that yesterday?'' He said. He was mad for not telling him, but not because of a job. Oh, I get it.
''That's not it. You were busy.'' I said. I was hurt when he removed his hand when I tried to take it.

''I'm never too busy to listen to my wife what she has to say. You got it? And don't ever wait for that long to tell me something that important.'' He said. I nodded my head. He actually cared for me and that's why he reacted like that.

''Come here, baby.'' He said. I transferred from my seat onto his lap. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and pecked my lips. I giggled at how cute he acted. He actually held me like some baby in his arms.

''I'm proud of you for finding a job by yourself. I love you, baby.'' He said cutely and buried his face in my neck. His facial hair tickled me and caused me to giggle.
''Thank you. I'll start working from tomorrow.'' I said. He nodded his head and brought me in a passionate kiss.

I love his kisses. They are rough, yet so gentle. He is pouring all his emotions everytime he kisses me. And I love that. Just through one kiss he is telling me how he feels.

He pulled away leaving me breathless. He pecked my lips softly and pulled me to his chest. I snuggled more in him to feel the warmth his body was providing. I enjoy when he holds me tight like this.

''Why didn't you tell me sooner about you finding a job?'' He asked me.
''Mark told me two days ago about that offer. And I went yesterday on the interview. But I didn't want to tell you until I was sure that I got the job.''

''That's okay. But I want you to tell me the things important like this.'' He said, tucking a hair strand behind my ear. I nodded and got comfortable. While we were watching TV, Kian was kissing my neck whole the time. I liked his small kisses. They sent shivers down my spine, but I enjoyed them a lot.

I hissed a bit when he sucked on my skin suddenly. He left another hickey for sure when I clearly told him to not do that. When I shot him an angry look, he smiled meekly and kissed my cheek. This man, really! I like that he cuddled with me, but he is forbidden to leave any love bites anymore. What will my boss say if he sees me with purple marks all over my neck?

Kian got a call and he had to go in the company because of an emergency. I was sad that he had to leave when he took a day off just for us. But I understand the situation. I sat back on the couch im the living room after giving him a kiss before he got out.

I haven't heard of my parents for a long time now. My mom was always the one who would call me first, but I find it weird now that she hasn't called me yet. I dialled her number and waited for her to answer.

After few times of not answering, I gave up. I got worry for them. Are they okay and why is she not responding? I even called my father few times, but it was the same. I wonder what are they doing now if they don't have time to answer.

I decided to get up and go to their house. I was really worried about them. What if something serious happened? I dressed myself quickly and called the cab.

I was soon seeing the house in a view. It felt empty and I was sad to see it like that. I payed the fare and got out of the cab. I went to the front door when I almost bumped with dome lady. She looked at me weird as I returned the same look.

''Hello? May I ask who are you?'' I asked carefully.
''I'm a real estate agent. This house just got sold after a week.'' I felt like my whole world stopped. My parents sold the house. And they told me nothing about it.

''Where are the previous owners?'' I asked. Maybe, this woman will know since my own parents are not answering my calls.
''I don't know. The last time I saw them was three days ago.'' She explained.
''Oh, okay.'' I said like I'm unbothered by this whole situation.

''Goodbye.'' I said and started going back. Why did they sell our house? How can they easily sell the house I have been living in for my whole life? And why are they not answering my calls? I'm so angry at them and disappointed the most.

I'm going to find them and fix all this matter. How dare they! I called a cab once again to take me home. I wondered is everything alright with Kian's company. He seemed really worried when he rushed out of the house.

I entered the house and went in the kitchen. I started cooking a lunch for us. Sometimes is weird when I see there is no maids. The house is quite empty and I used to have fun before. But there is a lady that comes three times per week here to clean the whole house. She works for Kian for a long time now.

I heard the door slamming shut making me startled. Kian rushed upstairs. His face was looking red and furious. I was debating between going upstairs, but I got worry for him. So I decided to see what's wrong.

I slowly moved upstairs to our room. I heard some thing trashing down which made me to speed my walk. I opened the door and saw him leaned outside on the balcony. In the corner was a broken vase.

''Don't come near me.'' He growled, making me step back.
''Kian, what's going on?'' I asked. I continued walking towards him until I was next to him.

''Do you know what your idiotic father did?'' He said looking at me furious. Why did he call my father idiotic?
''What are you talking about?'' I asked. Did this have some connections with my parents's house?

''Don't act stupid. Afterall, you're your daddy's princess. You must know that he stole money from my company. And then the idiot ran away.'' He snorted, sarcastically. I gasped as I took a step back.

My father stole the money from Kian's company. How could he? I feel ashamed to look into Kian's eyes. I didn't know my father is capable of doing something so low.

''I didn't know about anything, Kian. Before you came home, I went to visit them after they weren't answering my calls to find out they sold the house. Please, believe me that I didn't know.'' I said, taking his hand.

''Why should I believe you? I remember that you didn't like me when we got married and after a week, you suddenly like me. Was that because of your father's plan?'' His every single word caused a pain in my chest.

I started breaking down. I really didn't know and how should I prove him that?
''Kian, I'm not lying to you. I don't even know where my father is. Please, trust me. I'm sorry for what he did.'' I said, tears were already drenching my cheeks. I'm so hurt with his behaviour towards me.

He looked at me like he is debating. I couldn't wait any longer and grabbed his neck, pulling him in a kiss. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer, kissing me desperately.

I pulled away to catch a breath while he continued kissing me down to my collarbone.
''I love you, Kian.'' I whispered. I felt him stop for a few seconds before picking me up and carrying me towards the bed.

He was making love to me until it was late. I wanted to give this man everything I got like he gave himself to me. I finally admitted that I love him even if I refused to say it out loud, but my heart already knew.