22. Roses

add bewafa in your library if you haven't already, it's gonna be fun i swear
also i hope you all are doing good. it is so scary out here but hopefully we'll rise above this soon. sending prayers and love🤍

22. Roses

"Checking on my phone!" Arsalan commented as he walked past me to the drawer noticing his phone in my hands. "Spying hmm?"

I was sat on the couch in front of the television, air dropping certain information from his mobile to mine which I had forgot to take from the office's database. He had the access to it through his phone and I sort of knew the keys to not take advantage of it.

I looked up at him and chuckled at his statement, intrigued by the idea because to be honest I had never thought of monitoring his phone and neither had he. We trusted each other way too much on this end, in fact Arsalan hardly touched my mobile or interfered in my social media life.

He teased me of course, about all the attention I got from Instagram but he would never make me feel sick with it. In fact I had started to realise that I was more possessive and obsessive than him.

He only over reacted when it is Kabir or some guy really pestering unlike me who would go crazy if Arsalan even gave slightest of attention to any woman who is not me and which included all forms of informal conversations. I had faith in him obviously but still, I liked to see him with noone else.

Arsalan plopped on the couch next to me and I leaned in to his body immediately, shifting closer to him with my back against his chest and his hand around my shoulder. He had freshly showered which made him smell extra good. Moreover, I was glad to see him comfortable and relaxed in his red t-shirt and pants especially when it had been a terribly day.

Arsalan combed my hair with his fingers quietly, letting me mind my own business. He didn't even ask what I was doing with his phone. I kept his mobile aside, letting the files tranfer and turned to his side.

"How are you??" I asked. It was not just today but it had been a tough week and we barely got any time together. Though today, the work had peaked and I was so tired that I did not even wait for Arsalan to finish his work to head home. I drove myself home in his car and I did not even know how he came back alone.

"Better now." He answered and I smiled, dropping a swift kiss on his lips. Coming home a little early had helped as I was able to shove off my sour mood.

"I'm so happy it's weekend." I talked to him and he caressed my cheeks, pulling me closer. "I'm so sorry that Manali isn't happening. I thought I'd definitely take you and children there this month but Ammi called and she wanted to stay here for a while."

"It's okay Arsalan." I cupped his face and pecked his nose. "Abba's deteriorating health, and constant tensions in Daniya's life exhaust her as well. I understand that she needs a break and I know you do not admit but you like it when she is around, I see it on your face and plus it helps because I don't have to bother about what trash my children must be eating when I'm away."

Of course it was not very easy because there would be lack of privacy which I was now used to, then I would have to take care of her presence before choosing to do anything and then Ammi would run the household according to her whims and fancies which also included deciding what food we'd eat and that was super annoying but I could do it for Arsalan and she was mostly sweet and nice to me. "I haven't sat with her for days now though." I carefully slid the information into the talk, unsure about it.