12. In Love.

kya likhna chahti thi, kya likh diya

12. In Love.

"Congratulations." I smiled, accepting the appreciation. "You're back after so many years and in a law that you hadn't touched professionally before. Really admirable."

"Means a lot Sir." I thanked him and he nodded, leaving the room. I turned towards Kabir and my cheeks hurt, I was happy. I could cherish, I could realise how I had missed this feeling of victory, of doing something meaningful, of putting in my mind, of putting in efforts.

"So proud." I smiled wider as his sweet voice reached my ears. I offered my hands and he took them, embracing me into a hug.

"This is nice." I told him, finally calming myself down.

"It is, why I always want you to do this, it makes you glow."

"Ugh han?" I smiled at him, raising my eyes.

"I'm hungry af and ain't gonna pay shit. Calling Shashwat." Kabir announced and I excitedly agreed.

"Bhai." He put the phone on speaker. "I was waiting. I would have called, if you hadn't."

"I'm sorry." Kabir spoke and I knew he was gonna prank a little. "I couldn't make it. Sithara did it brilliantly."

"Sithara." He took a second to absorb the information. "That Arsalan gets fortunate every damn time ya."

"I'm sorry, I tried. We would have won had Sithara not been there." I giggled, flattered at his words but he poked his tongue to tell me he was lying.

"It is okay man." The gaps in his voice suggested the contrary. "Papa told me to have no expectations. So yeah."

"Just mad at how wisely Arsalan used Sithara. Dick didn't want her to pursue her career but then played with her against us." I immediately tried to snatch the phone to hurl abuses at him but Kabir didn't let me. I hated these two men, my husband was so pure.

"The least I could do was bring the money down to 19%. The company will have to contribute this much."

"Less than huge." He chuckled, irked. "Thanks though."

"Stop crying okay na Shashwat? You gotta pay none, I never framed you han. And just stop accusing my husband for everything that goes wrong in your life. And that includes you as well Kabir. Fucking losers. Behenchodh dimaag kharab kar dete hain." I finally poured my frustration out. They always crossed the limit.

Kabir laughed while Shashwat begged to be explained what had actually happened. "You guys deserve to have lunch with me. Come on, I'll order."

"I ain't eating with you two." They had made me sour.

"Sithara, no drama han." Shashwat rebuked. "You know what was meant."

I had to answer that but Kabir stopped me. "Fucker no. You taking us to Taj, open up your pockets. See you there in fifteen han?" Kabir told him and he agreed.

"Excuse me Ma'am." I turned to the man Arsalan had sent to assist me. "Yes?"

"Ma'am Sir is asking are you gonna address the company or you have any other plans for now?"