09. I Heart You.

#fact1 it is too fluffy so do not judge me
#fact2 i plan to publish furore on kindle
#fact3 mostly 2 more chaoters of malang left
#fact4 do read "modern" it is a one short/short story and decent lol..

09. I Heart You.

I tied my hair into a bun, spreading my legs across the table to relish the cool breeze blowing by. It was nice and warm to be home after so many years.

"Sithara." I smiled at my mother as she entered the gallery, straightening my posture. "Yes, Mumma?"

"Your chocolate." She sat on the chair in front of me, amused by my expressions. "What?"

"Nothing." I shrugged, taking a bite of the bar. "I'm being Mumma-ed after so long, I was waiting for it."

Her eyes gleamed at me. "I'll Mumma you always but I need you here with me for that, hmm??" I causally pressed my lips in reply.

I often longed to be with my family but it seemed it was not practically possible after marriage, especially after having three kids in a different city altogether.

"I told you though, the ability to make sacrifices comes with motherhood..?" She reminded me and I smiled. Being a mother always worried me because I was incapable of sharing my favorite food let alone give up on it completely but she was right, with motherhood, God gifts you a lot of virtues to sail through.

"I asked Shashwat to bring a packet." She answered before I could even ask. I was craving for chocolate an hour ago but before I could take a bite, Athiya wanted it too. I let her have despite it was the only piece left and Mumma was referring to the same.

"Gossiping?" Papa came in with a file in his hand and I shook my head. "Not yet. I need to know what happened in Goa."

"Yes, but before we begin, something important to do." He told me but my phone rang. It was Arsalan. "It's fine, you continue." I silenced it.

"So umm, these are the.." My phone rang again. "It's okay, you can attend, we are here." My mother suggested.

"Nah, it's cool. You are here for once and I am with him all the time. I'll talk to him later." I put my phone aside.

"Yes, so these are the property papers, and the will. I know we are late, enough guilty but we did not feel like carrying it forever." I frowned as they explained.

"Papa.." I was speechless. I did not want it. Arsalan and I had decided to not take a single penny for free.

"Sithara I know you must be upset with whatever happened earlier but your mother and I concluded that we were wrong to do it. You deserve everything as much as Shashwat & we want that."

"No, Papa. It is okay. Shashwat is the one staying and working hard. I do not want anything."

"So we aren't giving you what Shashwat is working hard on. We are giving you your share, your right."

"Arsalan would not appreciate, please." I anxiously replied.

"Doesn't matter. We don't do what he appreciates. We do what we want." Papa answered a little irked. "Sithara, you are precious to us. I do not know you realise or not but we were broken after what Ranbir did to you."