02. Go. Flow.

#fact1 the only best thing in 2020 so far is that i had a really cool hair cut, like i cut them shorter
#fact2 the thing that's same as it has always been that I'm posting this chapter when I have regular submissions from monday and i am not even a bit ready lol

02. Go. Flow.

I kept my handbag on the table and sat on the chair, breathing to the full and letting my mind clear itself of all the horrifying instances and stories that it witnessed in the prison today.

It was rough on the other side of the world and it made me sad and restless.

I had hardly felt a little at peace when I heard the knock on the door. "Yes, come in." I straightened my posture.

"Good afternoon, Ma'am." I smiled at the girl. "Please have a seat."

"I'm so grateful, I could finally meet." She spoke gracefully. I had heard she had visited before. She was interning as a journalist at my friend's publishing house and she wanted to interview me.

"Um, well you have me for this hour." I looked at the clock and told her. I had to take Ammi and Zoya Aunty to the mall for shopping.

"So shall I start? With the difficult ones first?" She asked me a bit nervously. She seemed to be too polite for her job.

"I guess it is not just me but a lot of girls and not just them but people as a whole look up to you. It is not just about the fact that you got your law degree from Bengalore, the best institute of India and you did your masters from Havard and Ph. D from JNU but about how you made it big by doing it different."

"You walk down the street and they know you, to be honest I know it is not easy to be a celebrity and not act in films or play cricket but you are one and from a distinguished background."

"You run an NGO, you have done all sort of political rallies and protests when required, you have had the most reputed job in the government of India, your love story though controversial but still is a thrill and above that you fought the odds of your life like how it ought to be, like a woman, like a tigress. I still get goosebumps when I read what you spoke in the court that day, it shook the whole of India."

"But having said and loved you for all this, the woman in my is a bit afraid and disappointed. There was no looking back for you, had you continued to play your part, you would have been the youngest advocate general of Delhi, of India but you left your job. Did you not want to be the advocate general, did you not want to be the attorney general because I surely wanted to see you there."

I had a smile on my lips but it felt sad in my heart because the displeasure and the dismay on her face reflected that of my mother. I could not help but hear her tearful voice echo in my ears and tell me that she really wanted to see me bigger.

"I expected something different at least from you, that you would not quit." She added and I chuckled.

"I did not, I would never quit. But you know I feel bad everytime I have this question for me, it makes me feel that my stance in the court fell short and I  could not make people understand that feminism is so much and it is different for every woman and every man with the only commonality that the choice of the woman should be accepted if that's hers no matter you agree to it or not."

"I don't know why a woman who is at home, taking care of her children, of her man, of her family is weaker than a woman who is attending clients. They are same, if they are happy and if what they are doing is their choice."