03. Easy? Not Really.

#fact1 dont take the political discussion seriously or otherwise
#fact2 "Arsalan aapko pata hai aapke badle khuda mujhe jannat bhi de toh bhi main nah lun" wanted to do this dialogue in this chapter but it didn't fit in. so all drama in the next chapter, i mean i hope, this book is really casual as far as i can think of it. lol

03. Easy? Not really.

I didn't like it. I didn't like the eyes, the minds, the attention all gathered over me as I walked in the corridor of my husband's office with the ticking of my heels against the floor echoing in the background.

"Good evening Ma'am." I smiled at most of their greetings, extremely conscious of my glittery seaweed and basil green dress that hardly reached my thigh and barely covered my cleavage.

"I call eleven night." I joked confidently nevertheless and they all could not help but giggle to hide their miseries behind.

"Arsalan." I huffed and angrily barged into his cabin to release the tension I had just built but to my surprise he had his people occupying him.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." I apologized as everybody stood up at my sight but my eyes only stayed at Arsalan's who glared at me unfaltered and blank.

I sighed, pulling out of the room. "Ssh. Calm." I told myself. It had been years but Arsalan couldn't stop disappointing me over his work-routine. It was down right pathetic and I had given up but still I felt like a fool to had believed that he would be free atleast at eleven for me.

"This." Arsalan peeked out of the room, breaking my trance. He handed me his grey coat and before I could even think of uttering a word, he left and began to address his men and women again.

I wore it and wished that I had not forgotten my mobile in the bedroom. I wouldn't have to take this weird look from him and neither the look from the excited eyes of his employees.

"Ma'am sir is all yours now." I smiled at Neharica and mumbled a thank you to the guy who held the door for me.

"You look really goregoues. " I giggled at the compliment but my eyes caught the fowl expression on the girl beside.

"Sithara where's your shawl or scarf or say damn anything?" Arsalan shot at me once we were alone in his cabin.

"I would have worn if I had known you'd be still be working." His tone was more disinterested than angry so I kept it easy, removing his coat. I could vent out at him but I knew there was no point, we would be standing at the same spot once again the next week or maybe even tomorrow. I had to accept he was a workaholic.

"How do you find Sisra?" I asked him with my eyes watching him curiously as I played with the globe on his table.

"Now who is that?" He questioned after a minute not looking up at me. He was too busy on his phone and laptop.

"The new intern."

"I don't remember." He curtly replied, his hand travelled upto his waist and tapped in restlessness. He seemed to be agitated for some reason.

"I guess she has a crush on you."

"Every other woman in this office has a crush on me." He answered confidently but without getting stirred. He left me no option but to stay quiet.