#21 HARRY

I'm waiting outside the Einar's house for Myles while he takes his goddamn time. Sure, I'll always be there for Myles when he needs me, but maybe not at three in the fucking morning. And especially not from orders from Alexander.

After my meet-up with Blake, I went straight home and started getting ready for bed. I showered, ate some leftover pizza and got into bed by 1 A.M., which is a record for me. I was quite excited to have over 4 hours of sleep tonight since I got home so early and we didn't have work till later that day.

But of course I got my hopes up high too soon. I was awoken by the third time my phone rang and I heard Alexander's raspy voice ordering all of us to meet him at the warehouse as soon as possible. This better be important enough for it not to be able to wait till morning because I might sock Alexander's skunk face and make it seem like an accident.

He was already out of the house and he said he wanted his son to tag along so here I am waiting for his slow ass son to get his ass into my car before I make him walk all the way to the warehouse. I won't hesitate to do it.

Well, maybe a little.

Before I had the chance to honk the horn once again, not caring about the sleeping neighbors, Myles finally opened the car door and plopped onto the leather seat.

"Finally." I huffed. I was not in the mood at all.

"Sorry." He mumbled as he looked out the window. That small action automatically made me feel bad and even though I promised I wasn't going to pity the poor boy, he still didn't deserve that. Even if it was three in the morning and I'd rather be sleeping.

I cleared my throat, "How are ya, kid?" I kept my eyes on the road but could see him shift in the corner of my eye.

"Willow came over today." His voice was so strained I could barely hear it over the radio but I still heard it and snapped my eyes towards him.

Myles never talked about Willow, especially not after he let her go. He did the right thing, it was a very mature thing for him to do but of course she didn't understand. He did it so he could protect her because he knew how dangerous his father was and he didn't want her to get involved whatsoever. So he did what all of us have had to do to get women off our back before it got too far: coldly and calmly cut them off.

It was easier for us men to do since we wouldn't see them unless we communicated beforehand, but it's a little different for Myles considering the fact that they go to the same school. They see each other every single day, which was probably good when they were friends and whatever they became, but definitely got awkward and tense when he suddenly turned on her.

He also missed the "calmly" part of the conversation we had with him to help him because he completely went off on her so she can automatically hate him. We didn't usually go about that way but he's had that anger planted in him from childhood, he didn't know any better. Even though it did the job, he completely regretted it and he's been beating himself up ever since.

"And?" I snap my head from the empty roads to him in anticipation.

"She said-" He cleared his raspy voice, "She said she doesn't want to hate me anymore." He was looking at me now, his glossy eyes showing how clearly he wanted to let it all out. I quickly understood and pulled over to the shoulder, directly under the street light.

"She said that it's okay for people to have their moments where they let go and she understood where I came from." He turned his body towards me. "But she doesn't, Harry. I made up so many stupid excuses so that if she ever got over one of them, she would still have another to hate me over. She doesn't understand that I left her for her own good, not mine." His eyes were starting to tear up but he kept his eyes on mine.