#2 BLAKE

Guess you didn't know that
You were my favorite entertainer
I watch you, I laugh with and fuck with you
Don't you take me for a fool
In this game, I own the rules

Confidence. Eye contact. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there and don't be afraid to walk away.

It's been a while since I've gone over my mental notes but it has also been a while since I've gone out like this; the whole getting ready and trying on different outfits to see which will attract the most attention from useless men that don't get the job done. Tonight was easier I guess, I had a color for the night: red.

Gross.

It seemed pathetic that the easiest way to attract a man was by wearing a color. Not by our personality or how our faces looked, but the color of the outfit we were wearing or the lipstick we have on.

I hated the way red looked on me, maybe because I never actually wore it. I liked to stick to the more neutral colors: white, brown, black. A good rule of thumb that I was taught is less is more, so if I was going to have to impress a certain someone tonight, I am going to like the way I look as well.

Therefore, I paired my red halter top with an all-black outfit. I slicked my hair back to a low ponytail as usual and made sure to spray my Narciso Rodriguez Parfum. My eyeliner was on my lash line to allow my eyes to pop even more and I applied a bit of lip gloss for shine.

 My eyeliner was on my lash line to allow my eyes to pop even more and I applied a bit of lip gloss for shine

I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked good, but it didn't change the fact that I literally looked like a walking 'Psychology Today' magazine. There was no way I was not going to get the job done.

Time to mix business with pleasure.

I walk towards my car and check the time once more.

9:30, perfect. I'll be there before 9:45, the usual routine.

I have been to the Gaslamp District before, every single San Diegan has, and I have been to the Tavern before, just not quite inside. It looked like a very fun place to be and it was compelling to see the different types of people going in and out of the bar. Some were meeting with friends, others blew off steam, and a few came after a long, hard day at work.

I would typically walk to the District, to get some fresh air and ego-feedings "fuck you"s to catcallers, but driving with the windows down would do. My hair was slicked back with some good gel so I did not have to worry about it getting messed up. I was quite familiar with the different up-do hairstyles and how to properly tame them.

As I parked my car and walked over to the Tavern, I got myself ready for the scent of sweat and cheap cologne before walking through the doors. I checked the bar for any openings and there was, third stool from the right.