𝐕𝐈𝐈: Lyra and the Anti-Pike Club

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

LYRA AND THE
ANTI-PIKE CLUB

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ this is probably one of my favorite 100 episodes of all time, the absolute chaos that Kane and his little anti-pike club create to piss off Pike is so fucking funny to me. ]

          WHAT DO YOU WEAR to an illegal meeting held in what's essentially a glorified closet while spying on this boy you made out with, like, a couple of times? At least a couple of times, anyways. Maybe combat boots to stomp on the evil dictator whose manipulated him? Lyra examines her rather sparse closet with narrowed eyes as she tilts her head: it's not as if she's got an abundance of options here. There's two jackets and neither of them are her Nasa jacket ━━ it had been left behind when she'd turned Grounder and she hasn't seen it since. Which, y'know, sucks. Lyra's not thrilled about that.

In retrospect, it's probably stupid to focus on what she's wearing. Especially since Pike's starting a war. But hey! This isn't Lyra's first war, and it's a lot easier to hyper-fixate on what she's going to wear other than the fact that everyone she loves could be dead by tomorrow morning.

So.

Ultimately she ends up with something so leathery that it looks almost Grounder. Good. She's not on the same level of her dad and still won't outwardly say Fuck you to Pike, but she thinks this gets the message across.

She walks out of her quarters. Almost immediately, Raven pounces on her.

"Lyra, Lyra, Lyra!" Raven gives her an almost too wide smile and Lyra blinks, taken aback. She's not used to seeing Raven so happy. "Just the girl I wanted to see — what do you know about Becca Franko?"

     Now Lyra's confused.

     She tilts her head. "Um, how do you know about Becca?"

     "Uh, I heard about her at some point on the Ark," says Raven, her voices a couple octaves higher than usual. She keeps glancing around Lyra like there's someone else there, but when Lyra checks, there's no one. "Your last name is Franko, right? Which must mean you were descended from her?"

     "That's what. . . that's what the people at Mount Weather said," Lyra tells her slowly, not wanting to remember Tsing at all. "But I dunno. Franko is a common last name, isn't it?"

     She moves to sidestep Raven and continue to Kane's Marxist society meeting, but Raven grabs her by the arm. Lyra starts to frown.

     "It's not!" Raven exclaims quickly. "There's no documents of Becca being on one of the Ark's twelve stations, though. Jaha thinks she was on the thirteenth. Which should be impossible, because you're here. . . "

     "The one that got blown out of the sky?" Lyra asks, remembering the Unity Day story. "Yeah, that would make me kinda impossible, wouldn't it?"