𝐗𝐗𝐕: Noah Versus Demon Pigeons

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

NOAH VERSUS DEMON PIGEONS

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hi! Sorry this chapter took so long, it's literally been prewritten for months but I broke my phone and couldn't publish it!!!!!

LONG AGO, before creation, there was only darkness. Night thick with shadows, the silence violent and visceral. And then ━━

     Storms of violet tore the world apart. Eroding shores. Icy clouds in the seething heats. Salvation came when the world tried to piece itself back together, but sand slipped straight through her hands. Salt water evaporated. And thus the sea was born. It is where it all began, before the urgency and burn of anything painfully human.

     Lyra feels lost at sea. As if she is swimming deeper, running out of time. Water is slipping through her fingers.

     The ocean is different from anything she's ever seen before. It stretches on for miles all around her. She sits there on a shoddy little boat that chugs along at an agonizingly slow pace and she thinks to herself that she has never felt smaller. The waves are a brilliant sapphire and they lap gently at the hull, but Lyra knows better than to mistake them for peaceful. She has heard all too well of the horrific storms that seize the skies and thus the water, creating lethal black waves that would sooner drag her their depths and a watery death than be her friend. Even now the foam glitters almost silvery in the daylight, silvery like the flash of an executioner's axe.

     The sea is in Luna's blood. Her eyes mirror the colors of the waves as they flicker across them.

"Nightblood?" Octavia's familiar voice calls through the radio, and Lyra can imagine the way her brows thread together. "You really think you can do it, LJ?"

" 'Course I can." Lyra's feet swing back and forth over the side of the ship, the salty spray of the waves sprinkling her legs. She tries for a smile. "Is that doubt I hear in your tone?"

"Is that worry I hear in yours?" Octavia retorts smoothly. She's only half-joking. "If anyone can make it, you can."

     "So people keep telling me," says Lyra. "What about you? What's happening in Polis?"

     Octavia releases a short breath. Her answer is vague. "Some bad shit."

     "Not too bad, I hope," Lyra clutches the radio tighter and a bit of worry really does seep into her tone here. "Once we create the nightblood serum, we're going to have to distribute it very quickly, and we need peace for that."

     "I'll make sure everything is ready for you," Octavia promises.

     There's a brief pause. The radio cackles as someone smothers down the box on the other end, and Lyra can vaguely hear the sounds of arguing between Octavia and Kane. It sounds fairly heated.

     "Via?" She presses anxiously.

     "I have to go," says Octavia abruptly. "But don't worry — I have everything under control."