𝐈𝐗: What He's Done

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

WHAT HE'S DONE

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          LYRA STUMBLES TOWARDS the cave. Her chest is still heaving, eyes streaming with hot tears. Pike put a bullet in Lincoln's brain, an aghast voice keeps whispering in her head. Pike put a bullet in Lincoln's brain. Pike put a bullet in Lincoln's brain.

     She might have begun to cry again, but strangled, broken screams of despair cut through the air.

     Without another thought, Lyra takes off through the last few dozen yards of forest at a sprint. She skids across the dirt and then through the entrance, straight past a shell-shocked Nate who stares at her open-mouthed, and Kane whose head is held in his hands. Sinclair, Bryan, Harper, they're all there, too. But Lyra hardly notices them. She hardly notices any of them. All she can see is Octavia who grabs someone by the jaw and then slams her fist into their face again and again.

She fights chaotically, savagely, like a starved animal. Another strangled cry bursts from Octavia's mouth, torrid tears spiraling down her cheeks. Her entire body heaves. Sticky red blood spurts across her fists as the figure crumples to the ground, shuddering all over, eyes dark and ample with an almost wild sorrow. And, for the first time, Lyra sees his face for who it is.

Lyra almost feels like vomiting. She stares, eyes wide, lips quivering with shock.

"Bellamy?"

No one seems to hear her. Octavia lunges towards her brother again and for a fleeting, precious moment, has a clear target. Seizing Bellamy's chin in her hand, she thrusts his head against the ground. He chokes wildly, spluttering on his own blood. But he makes no effort to defend himself. And then, icy dread seeping through her veins, Lyra realizes why. He thinks he deserves this.

     Octavia lurches there. Her chest heaves as she stares her brother down. Death and hatred fill her icy eyes.

     "You're dead to me."

     Staggering back, Octavia's gaze flickers to Lyra's and for a moment, Lyra thinks she might see something like misery. As quickly as it appears, it vanishes, like a plume of smoke, and Octavia turns on her heel and strides out of the cave. She is still trembling all over as she leaves her brother there to bleed.

     For several long moment, nobody speaks.

     And then ━━

     "You're bleeding," says Lyra to Bellamy, as if he hadn't noticed, her tone flat and cold.

    He croaks something, but it's slurred and inaudible. Blood leaks between his teeth and oozes down his jaw.

Falling to her knees, she helps him slump against the uneven rock instead of the jagged floors. His hands are still bound with thick steel shackles. She ignores that, too. Instead she pulls out a rather pathetic rag and shuffles closer to him, unable to stand the sight of seeing him like this.