𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈: Brutal out Here

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

GOD, IT'S
BRUTAL OUT HERE!

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ i'm gonna mess with canon a little bit,
it's nothing major,
but i can do whatever the hell i want anyways. so ]

THIS TAKES PLACE in between episodes 2 & 3 ━━ i checked the timeline, there's a 6 day gap.

[ ALSO SMUT ALERT 🚨‼️]

(keep both hands on the phone 😠😠)

"AND THEN. . . " Noah trails off for dramatic effect.

Lyra's practically on the edge of her seat. "And then what happened?"

"And then she killed him," he whispers theatrically. He draws a line across his throat and she gasps. "Just like that."

     "She assassinated him?" But Lyra's mouth is crammed with food when she says this, so it comes out more as, "She ass-ass'ed'im?"

     He nods somberly. "Instant KO."

     Noah and Lyra sit across from one another in the mess hall. Slivers of moonlight peak in through the sparse windows, striping the floor, and the humming yawns of Arkadia slip in with it. It's not that late at night, probably around nine or ten, but Lyra hadn't checked. Most people are tucking in for the night, but Noah had only just gotten back from Polis a few hours ago, and so him and Lyra are sitting at a round metal table tucked into one of the corners of the mess hall. Noah's snacking on some sort of bread and meat he'd stolen from a vendor in Polis. Every time he's not looking, Lyra steals a piece of it.

A man named Geoff Hardy is trying to persuade his son, Ethan, to eat a little bit more of the rations. Geoff seems distraught as Ethan keeps refusing them, and Lyra can guess why. It's only a matter of time before they go to one ration a day and, by then, his son will be begging for something to fill his hollow belly.

"You know, I really approve of your choice in friends," announces Noah, returning his attention to the table. Lyra covers her mouth to hide the bread she'd stolen and swallows quickly. "I really like her. She shows a lot of initiative and, let me tell you, she gets stuff done. There's no bullshitting when it comes to that girl."

"Oh, yeah," Lyra swallows the chunk of bread. "Octavia's a certified badass."

"It's great. How come you don't have more bloodthirsty tendencies?"

"Probably because I didn't watch the love of my life get shot in the head by a fascist dictator," she responds casually.

"Oh. Right." Noah pulls a face. "Well, it's a good thing you don't have a love of your life. The only person who could turn you to the dark side is me. And I'm pretty much immortal at this point."