𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈: The War to End All Wars

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

THE WAR TO
END ALL WARS

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ im sorry for how long the updates are taking; writing season 5 is literally taking everything out of me. youll find out y when u read it 😈😈]

[ also my roommates a fucking psycho & i have to switch dorm rooms ]

         "THE ENTIRE CITY'S the battlefield. No time limit. No guns. One warrior from each clan fights until only one remains."

     Leaving the island is like being torn from a fevered dream and thrust back into the unforgiving reality. The world is nothing more than endless miseries now. Foliage burnt to ashes by black rain that falls whenever it pleases. Villages burnt and pillaged by rival clans as the end descends upon them. They are nothing more than dead memories and shattered glass and ruined homes. Though the planet is not a wasteland yet, they all know it is only a matter of time. That is why Nate keeps his foot thrust down upon the gas as they hurtle through forests so desolate that they seem like oceans of black shadow, racing against time itself for Polis.

     Nate's voice is stiff as he speaks over the rumble of the rover's engine; there will be one final conclave.

     "And the winner's clan takes the bunker?" Lyra guesses glumly from the back.

     Nate catches her eye and nods in the rear view mirror.

     Murphy, who sits across from Lyra and beside Emori, has a hollow glean in his eyes as the rover shudders over the uneven path. "Without guns and without anyone trained in grounder combat, there's no way we can win."

     "We have someone trained in grounder combat," says Lyra. "Octavia."

     "Oh. Octavia. Great idea," drawls Murphy rather viciously; the threat of mass fiery death seems to set him on edge. "Too bad no one has seen her since that crazy ass Grounder set Arkadia on fire."

     "No, LJ's right," Nate says before Lyra can respond. "We've got Octavia."

     Lyra jerks her head up sharply. "She's back?"

     "Showed up on horseback, drenched in blood, sword in hand, and said I'm here for the war," Jackson pipes up from the passengers seat. He gives a little shiver. "It was intense."

      Violent shivers shoot down Lyra's spine and her teeth begin to chatter. Stars howl inside of her rib. She wonders if her legs might give out. Every piece of her fights to not let that happen ━━ she doesn't want the others to freak out and bring out the seizure kit. It's not a seizure that's bothering her ━━ it's Octavia and the fact that she is being sent into a battle to the death against ten other warriors, most likely ten of the most experienced and battle-hardened warriors in all the twelve clans.

Murphy seems to be thinking along the same lines and let's out a low whistle;

"She's just the girl under the floor."