𝐗: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

HE LOVES ME,
HE LOVES ME NOT

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

         THE NIGHT IS black and hollow as bone. Cracks, tiny and twisted and terrible little cracks, crawl along its length. There is an unidentifiable ache in the air.

     Shattered orange fragments drift across the cave at random, tendrils of the fire snaking through the air. It almost looks as if the flames have been ripped apart by claws. An uneasy quiet had taken hold of the cave ever since they'd gotten back, and cold grief settles in Lyra's stomach. Something at Arkadia had gone very, very wrong.

     In all honesty, Jasper's brief message through the radio had sounded insane. Shrieking about some woman named Alie, Jaha giving everyone chips, then babbling about how Raven slit her own wrists and that he and Clarke were on their way to the cave. How Clarke had even gotten to Arkadia at all is beyond Lyra ━━ last thing she heard of Clarke, the blonde was in Polis. Then again, with Lexa dead, maybe there is nothing left there for Clarke.

"I don't understand something about those chips," mutters Monty, pacing back and forth by the entrance agitatedly.

Sinclair reaches out a hand comfortingly, but even he looks uneasy. "We'll know soon enough."

Gritting her teeth, Lyra forces herself to remember everything Jaha had told her about the chip, or, as he calls it, the key to the City of Light: it's a silicone based device. Once ingested, filaments reconstitute in the brain stem and interrupt pain receptors, inhibiting certain neural pathways from firing.

Of course, he didn't say jackshit about some crazy bitch stealing peoples memories.

     And what the hell is the City of Light?

    She shakes her head, trying to clear her thoughts. Deeper in the cave, Octavia is shoving things into a small rucksack pack almost frantically. Bellamy, who'd been on the last two-man patrol Bryan had started running, strides towards her.

     "O, wait. You can't just leave."

     She doesn't even look at him. "Watch me."

     "You heard what Jasper said on the radio," argues Bellamy. "Arkadia is not safe."

     "What Jasper said sounds insane," Octavia retorts. She sheathes her sword and slings the pack across her shoulders, gazing at her brother coldly. "Pike's gone. I can handle myself. Grounders burn their dead."

     His face is submerged in shadows. He seems miserable. "I know that. And then what? Where are you gonna go?"

     "You don't get to ask me that!" Octavia snaps.

     "O," he's practically begging now. "What do I have to do to prove I am on your side."

     "Bring Lincoln back."