𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕: The End of the Fucking World

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

THE END OF
THE FUCKING WORLD

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( special shout out to layfeys
for making this super sick folklore love triangle w/ lyra ━━ it's seriously the coolest thing EVER
https://nemiyons.tumblr.com/post/691430866417860608
)

          THE END OF THE WORLD is raw demolition, unendurable misery, unfathomable sadness, pain so gargantuan that Lyra could be torn apart limb by limb and it would feel like nothing, white-hot swords branding her and she'd never feel a thing. Perhaps this is what it feels like finally become the monster. Is this the origin of calamity? Is this sacrilegious darkness where beats claw their way up from? Lyra is not a girl. She is little more than a shadow carved from gilded bone, a ghost, a crude anomaly. Nothing will survive her anger. She will make the universe bleed for what it has done to her.

     She will drown in its blood.

      Her rage is hellfire, never ending, and it doesn't leave her. Not as she staggers down the hall with Kane. Not when Octavia takes her to the office and the two sit there, alone together, covered in blood and sin. The rage does not leave her. She cannot forget it. The world could shatter away and all she will see is her dad's dead body, bleeding out forever and ever, dead and lifeless and haunting her.

     FROM THE ASHES WE WILL RISE the wall screams.

     Lyra's ashes have been thrown into glacial black waters, left to sink to the deepest and coldest depths. A sea with no stars. There is no rising from this.

     Only drowning. Only death.

    Eyes snapping to Octavia, Lyra stares at her. Is this what it felt like? She wants to scream at the sky. Is this what it felt like to watch Lincoln die?

     Octavia stares back. Her eyes are on fire. They scream Yes, Yes, Yes.

     Footsteps resonate through the soundless halls. Metal grinds against metal. The steel door shudders open. Stiff-shouldered and jaw clenched, Indra faces them.

     "Your people await justice, Octavia. Come. Let's clean you up before — "

     "No."

     Indra's eyes flash dangerously as Gaia shuts the door softly behind her. "Gaia, if you dare say the spirits of the Commanders object, then I must remind you that those spirits have abandoned us."

     "I don't believe they have." Gaia creeps closer into the sterile lamplight. "My mother is correct. Our faith dictates that only a true Commander can unite the clans, that without a Natblida, we would be lost. Then you won the Conclave. You delivered us from Praimfaya. Today, you delivered us from starvation. I now believe that you will deliver us back to the ground."

A foul slick of scarlet smears Octavia's face and muscled shoulders. It's as if she has bathed in blood. Her eyes are blank and unseeing as they stare at Gaia.