𝐗𝐗𝐈: Compulsions

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

COMPULSIONS

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          IT IS NOT his nightmares that wake Lyra.

      She hasn't gone to bed.

     Hyperactive, over-alert, probably bordering on hysteric. Being back in Arkadia without the threat of imminent death (imminent meaning within the next twelve hours) means that things are more or less relaxed. No one outside of their usual core group is aware of the looming apocalypse. That means she's got nothing but the starlight for company as she shuffles through the remnants of Alpha Station with a steaming thermos of coffee in her hands. This whole apocalypse thing has brought back her obsession with coffee ━━ apparently the end of the world can be a little stressful. Go figure.

It's so quiet that she can almost pretend that she is normal. Whatever normal even is at this point. Maybe there's no approaching apocalypse and she just gets to live in Arkadia, the greatest threat coming from Azgeda.

Or maybe she even lived in the old world, without all the One-Hundred bullshit and without the Grounder politics. Maybe she lives in a world with a happy family and a boyfriend who doesn't hide his feelings from her, spend every waking minute with a rifle in his hands, or do pretty much everything to her that a boyfriend isn't supposed to do. (See the parts where he's tried to kill her, arrest her, etc, etc.)

In this world, Lyra is an astronaut prodigy that works for Nasa and spends her golden teenage years having fun. She and Octavia could dress up for spirit weeks. Clarke would probably run some sort of school government. Jasper would make jokes from the back of the classroom. And Bellamy. . .

She hisses suddenly. Boiling coffee's spilled all over her palms. It laps at the almost-healed scar tissue from the Mount Weather explosion and she curses sharply. Somehow in her daydream, she'd completely forgotten to watch out for the world around her.

Chugging what's left of the cup quickly, ignoring the way it scalds her tongue, she slams it onto the work station in engineering. She shoots to her feet quickly. If anything, she's glad to have an excuse to leave engineering, even if it's only so that she can get her. . . fourth cup? Maybe it's her fifth. She hasn't been keeping count.

Whoops.

But leaving engineering is easy. Her inability to solve the apocalypse is pissing her off ━━ even though, realistically, how is a girl supposed to solve the apocalypse? ━━ not to mention the fact that it feels wrong to be here without Sinclair.

But, anyways.

     She's tip toeing towards the kitchens when she hears it. A sort of agonised whimper followed by sob, and then what's almost a scream. There's a violent scuffling noise. Every inch of her is perfectly alert as she strains to hear where it is coming from. . .

. . . Bellamy's room.

She breaks into a sprint.