Chapter 1

Mini Introduction

So, I haven't been able to write something at all, but I'm just going to risk this because it's what I feel like I wanted to do in the first place. Anyways, I'll call myself, Jonathan Bankers, or Jona for short. It's not a good name but that'll do for the time being. Without further ado, let's begin.

4th of March, 2020

It's just a couple of days before prom night and I seemed to have found myself in a classroom, just minutes away before the end of the school year. Finishing an exam I know I wouldn't care about is seemed not a nice way to start the book since I was lazy to figure out on what to do with my life. Just as I finished my exams, the bell rang for the last time. Everyone had collected their papers and we're just about to leave and have a happy closure to the faithful year. As I was just about to step out, every Grade 10 and Grade 11's were called to the gym immediately.

It's not a good start for a proper summer break, but at least I get to meet who I paired up with. Turns out, it wasn't of a good type either. Thanks to the shortage of the Grade 11 population, every Grade 10 would be paired with two Grade 10 boys and a Grade 11 girl. How peculiar.

Well, I get to meet this girl, her name is Emma, she's nice and all that. It's a very awkward sandwich since a girl and two boys in between is really a confusing site to begin with. Not to further extend the awkwardness, I stepped in to talk to Emma. While searching for topics, I've felt the nerve to ask her about the research in Grade 11 and what it's like. At first, she laughed about my suggested idea but sooner went serious about having to not sleep at all. After the while, she actually asked me about having to meet up sometime soon but I first said that I have too much stuff to do in the house. Not a good start but oh well.

Furthermore, sitting beside me is an ex-friend (not girlfriend), Regina Amato. She looked at me with a cold eye and a miserable look, like an ashamed person. Every time I look at her, I feel sick at myself, always wondering, "How and why did I do this mess in the first place?". We'll probably talk about her more in the next chapters but for now, we'll focus with this one first. As everyone started to leave, I was just about to approach Regina when she actually walked away too fast that she bumped herself to a wall without even looking. It's a pretty funny scene but I can't shoot my laughter to not feel bad for laughing at her.

 We all got back to the classroom, feeling a bit excited and saddened at the same time. Excited, because it's already summer and saddened because it's my adviser's last year in the school. It's a very memorable moment indeed. As I packed up my stuff and go, I heard a 'Hey' in the corner. It's none other than my best friend, Tim. Tim has been with me since we first met back in Grade 8, we had strong stuff with each other. Well, I got to visit Tim for an all-friends party and I didn't pretty much lasted there and left along with a couple of mates. I returned home tired but pretty much satisfied.

AFTER NOTE
You might get confused to why I wrote something about school. Well, these events were the ones to what leads to my recent status. And these happened days before the first lockdown began and the first victims of the virus got sent to the hospital without knowing that the virus had already entered and affected the population.