Chapter 11

6th of August, 2020

I have a bad sleep this morning since Mother is already awake, doing the live a bit early to attract foreign customers. So, I had to be up and at 'em at around 5:30a.m., which is generally a bad thing if you slept at around 12a.m. and had trouble sleeping for 2 hours already.

Meanwhile, a text from Regina came around 4am in the morning. She actually sent 7 different messages conveying me to answer a couple of questions. No, actually that's 4 messages with 3 deleted ones. I decided to answer her with a simple word or symbol, ?.

As the live session ended, Mother suddenly fell asleep in the couch for a long time. By looking at her Messenger, she had sent me a live video link at around 5:15a.m., not a good start for a morning. Either way, I cleaned up her mini studio (as requested by her last night if in case she fell asleep) and get the day started differently.

Thanks to a gloomy morning, with the sun expected to rise at around 6:30a.m., I decided to do something differently. Father's car isn't there at the time thanks to work, so I went ahead, took the ball I borrowed, and quietly left the house without Mother noticing. I didn't go and look for a basketball court since majority of them at that time were all booked, and each of them has a fee on renting it on an hourly basis. Instead, I decided to play basketball but with a different approach.

At the parking lot, old clotheslines became my basis for a basket. However, the ball going in between the clotheslines was loud but the traffic behind me was louder as trucks tend to pass by this time of day so the ambience helped better. After roughly 30 minutes of playing, I called it a day and left the scene.

Back at home, no one is still awake at that time, and so breakfast had to be done by me with Spam and Eggs as its' main courses. Once I was done with the sunny-side up eggs, both Brother and Sister went down and off they went directly to the table to eat and start the day.

The day was going well for the most part, even though I only had 2-and-a-half hours of sleep. The same routine goes by, with boredom and laziness around the corner. Luckily, Regina seemed to answer my response from earlier; "You okay, man? The questions are up there🤣". Okay then, questions are answered, what's next? She goes on and on, becoming more interested about my life in quarantine so far. She also got surprised and totally clichéd that I was going to buy something that would remind me of her.

At the end of the talk, she was able to sing for the first time in a while. Singing her favorite song from her favorite musical, The Phantom of the Opera. "Oh, Paris, your French greatness", I said while I'm eating a pork sandwich. The convo ended with the both of us feeling satisfied to what's been happening in our lives.

And now, just only a few days, it would be my first virtual day of school so I better be ready about it. I have no idea who would I meet and all that, but I was promised that the feeling would be great once I started. We'll see about that later on.

For now, I'll be going back to sleep by the afternoon to catch up all of the missing hours I've missed. So, Good night everyone and I'll see you all in the next writing.