Chapter 6

8th of July, 2020

...So, here we are, back to the present.

Father seemed to be hungry around this time since we left exactly at lunch time. We asked one another what can be good, and landed on a decision to eat at KFC. Besides, who enjoyed a good 11 herbs and spices chicken more than we do?

While we are settling down on our orders and minding our own businesses as we wait for our food, in a sheer coincidence, comes in Regina who I guess decides to eat here too. She sat along with her mother in one table, with her facing the counter.

As our order called up, I walked to the counter, picked up the first tray on walked through my table. As I passed by Regina's table, I hear a 'heeyyyyy' for a few seconds. I knew it was her. I return to pick the second order with a slide of my fingers to their table. She followed soon after unexpectedly.

As I picked up my second tray, a smile appeared, along with her bright and colorful dress beside me. I stood there like a dumbo, not remembering what to say or do next. She, of course, greeted with a 'What are you doing here?' quota. Seems obvious that I'm here to eat, not to serve food.

"Well, we're looking for a certain equipment for a house project.", I told her. Asking the same question, she replied that her mother is out for grocery shopping. Not at all, a perfect word to describe the experience is... interesting. I sat down with the second tray while my father teasingly asked, "Who's that? Your crush?", said in a sarcastic way. C'mon, Father, let me enjoy my meal for even this time as I spend the day with you.

I enjoyed my meal with a good amount of satisfaction to be left here. They went ahead first and actually passed through my table. Her mother seemed in a hurry (for no reason whatsoever) so they left quickly but made sure to wave by the window. I got to tell you but, for sure, she smelled sweet. I've got to find that body tonic.

After the late lunch, Father and I split up, with one going to the place of the other. I get to have a roam around the mall for a while to look for something along with the quest to look again at the little fragrant shop.

While walking along the shops, one caught my eye somehow. A book that has modernized a literature classic. Of course, it's quite small that it nearly has the size of a typical pocketbook. Of course, I won't tell you what's it about. Just kidding, it's Romeo and Juliet.

After the purchase, I quickly dashed to the little fragrant shop to look for the smell since I didn't remember what fragrant (or flavor) is that. I don't know if Father read my mind or something, because he was already there waiting on that little shop.

I whiffed again some of their good ones, until I reached a blue body tonic. When I whiffed, I was blown away. It's the exact one Regina was using every outings. I quickly try to find a body tonic but unfortunately they don't have one in stock. The only products that they do have in that fragrant (or flavor) is a Baby Powder, a 5-in-1 liquid soap, and a small lotion. I went for the 5-in-1 liquid soap because of the situation. Thanks a lot, Covid. You really did a great job scaring everybody.

As I went in the car with Father, I can't help myself but whiff at the soap. Father thought I was crazy until I let him whiff too. He too was impressed by it. By the end of the day, I requested myself to buy one every month (I stopped at around September, unfortunately). Whatever is next for me, is what may arrive for dear old Jonathan.