Chapter 10

1st of August, 2020

It's time for the month of school as a Grade 11 student. Welcome to SHS, Mr. Bankers, I'm proud that you made it this far. And by the way, they actually messaged you about the approval of transfer from HUMSS to STEM last July 28.

Ohh crap, I think I forgot all about that. But anyways, I'm now a STEM student starting today. Now, that the laptop is set, I have a camera, my textbooks are ready, and I'm actually watching Netflix right now.

For all the while, Emma came to greet me with a 'Good Morning' at around 12:15p.m. today. It's sweet that she greets me like almost everyday first and I do after. After Emma, Tim made a chat with me today, asking me if I have a uniform and all that. I told him not yet but he seemed to fail to notice my message afterwards.

Then, Regina came along with a happy mood, chatting me along the lines of "HEY! ARE YOU EXCITED FOR ONLINE SCHO FOR THE FIRST TIME? IT'LL BE FUN RIGHT?". Yeah, I can tell she's dead excited to do some work online, so I simply said a 'yes' just to strengthen the mood. Poor execution, buddy but what gives, I'm in my good mood right now😌. Watching a series at the moment fascinates my imagination to have a room just as beautiful as ever. But for the time being, I'm doing all of these online sessions down at the dining table.

Meanwhile, James along with Marcus, appeared to my chats to give me an invitation to a group chat that talks about what they feel about life and talk about other stuff afterwards. I made a humble decline because I still have a good run of my life so far. They respected my opinion about that and went on to pursue other stuff.

For lunch, we had to order something online and we heard about this new restaurant called Popeye's. Sister decided to try ordering there, along with some fries to give it a go. The order arrived, and we were very excited about it. When we settled down for lunch, each of us have wings and it tasted nice, I guess. I can tell that when I began eating bite after bite, that's when I can sense that they use beef broth to dunk it in first before they marinated it with their spices. Overall, it's crazily awesome to try out new food on the block. Even though, they've been around since late 2019.

4th of August, 2020

The first day of classes doesn't start until tomorrow morning so I have more ample time to do some stuff with myself like watching Broadway shows and such. In one occasion, I've suddenly watched Wicked for like twice in a row thanks to dozens of proshot clips used for promotional stuff or trailers and such.

Out of nowhere after sunset, while watching a random video, James popped up in my chats for some reason. And he gave me a photo, which is somewhat weird considering that we usually talk with a greeting first like 'Dude' or the like. The photo isn't a meme, it's another important news coming from the school. What is said goes something like this:

Greetings, Students and Faculty Members!

We would like to inform you that the platform to be used for school had some technical issues. So much so that it may affect the first day of classes the next day. In regards to that, along with implications of another community quarantine. The school will therefore proceed to officially start classes by August 17, giving more time for the technical issues to be resolved and for the students to get familiarized to the platform once the problems are fixed.

We hope to understand the situation regarding to this matter.

So, school would be delayed then. Fine by me, cause I want to watch more Netflix with me, myself, and I. I suddenly slept at around 3 a.m. the next day because of that.