Chapter 4

21st of June, 2020

It's time for another day of new challenges. Despite being a 17-year old boy, quarantine restrictions seemed to helplessly drag me for another time to wait as only 18 - 65 years old are allowed to go. I just wanted to accompany my father for a walk, just for once. I don't want to expect another second thoughts.

Tim seemed to text me on the last minute. "Dude, how are you and Regina?", he asked. I hadn't responded to that as I quickly turned off my phone for my first time to go out. We'll get back to Tim later on. We entered the car, nervous on my first illegal trip. I couldn't seem to help myself but doubt of what to expect. Maybe, the security guard might notice me and suddenly arrest me on the spot. Or even let me wait outside to do some questioning for later, who knows?

Once we arrived in the mall, I decided to do something. I lied to my age from 17 to a 21, just to fit in the age range. My height is quite a common since I'm a 5.2 foot tall boy compared to my 5-foot father. I was able to pass thru security, and I couldn't have been happier than ever. In the end, I was able to buy myself a journal and a pair of earphones (for personal reasons).

Once returned home by sundown, I was ready to answer Tim's question when suddenly out of nowhere, Regina (my ex-friend) decided to text all of a sudden. Turns out, she just gave me a small message.

REGINA: "happy fathers day."

So, that's it? I was thinking of something like an explanation letter of why is she like this ignorant. But turns out, Tim seemed to encourage her to talk to me since he felt bad that I was trying too hard to ask Regina for a talk. But oh well, two things are present; (1) she's active and (2) she actually sent the message just two minutes ago. I jumped at the chance to talk to her.

JONATHAN: Happy Fathers' Day to you too.
REGINA: thank you😍
JONATHAN: Well, are you good?

No reply. But she did see the message. It took me about 3 hours until she finally replied to my message.

REGINA: I'm sorry for leaving you hanging. It's just that I seemed to find you as a distraction to my everyday routine that's why I cut you off. Please, please be sensitive about it, okay?

What do I reply? I haven't gotten this deep with her. I didn't realize that all of this talking distracted her enough. But on the other hand, she's already there so it'll be best if you just roll along in the conversation.

JONATHAN: I will.
REGINA: Thank you. Anyways, it's been a long time since we last talk, how's you?
JONATHAN: A lot happened...

Well, I'm not gonna say what we talk about afterwards but it was one of the best 4-hour conversations I ever had. It ends with a let's meet again with her.

After the talk, Tim seems to be happy into talking to me afterwards. "You're welcome, man.", he said through the video call. Well, wouldn't I ever, after my conversation with Regina, he seemed to care for all of a sudden. "Dude, it's been an amazing time to actually spend time with her.", I told him. Yet, I seemed to find him suspicious. But, I'll give him the credit that he actually get me and Regina to talk again together.

Too sad that by the following days I talk with Regina, Tim seemed not to reply with my messages. But what gives, he seemed busy by the times so I 'll just let that slide. Well, it's been an eventful day with me, going out for the first time and finally being able to talk to Regina. I guess by the end of the day, it's best to be careful and tread lightly in whatever you may say. Today's very eventful, so let the next days be too.