Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Mia's pov

"Hi Muffin,you look lovely."The devil says while walking towards me, "I must say Rodriguez orange looks great on you and oh those shackles."I pause, "Lovely,I hope they let you stay in that getup."I say with confidence and he gives a chuckle, "I see you still got sass."He says and I roll my eyes, "drop the attitude Mia." He command and I huff , "or what?you're going to teach me a lesson?"

"Mia,I'm warning you."

"You know what Rafael I didn't have a choice then but I'm making one now."He gives a bewildered look, "Oh yeah what's that?"

"I'm going to choose to fight for myself,I am not going to let you control me.I am going to make sure that you stay in prison because you are a horrible and disgusting human being!"

"Calm down Muffin,don't get so agitated you'll harm our little ones."He says with a smirk, "And besides what's the point of wasting your breath,you know I'll win Muffin."

"And you know I'll fight asshole."I say before turning my back and walking back to Maria and Paula who were waiting outside.

"Mia dear where have you been?You need to eat."Maria says while handing me a lunch box that she had packed in for me, "Thanks Maria but I don't want to eat right now."

"Mia you have you remember that you are now eating for 3,you have to eat something dear even if it's just a small bite."

"Maria I said no!"

"I'm sorry,I didn't mean to.I'm just really stressed about this whole case."I say while holding her hands, "It's okay sweetheart,I understand."

"I'll-

"It's time to go back in."Paula says while running towards us, "We're coming."Maria says while packing the lunchbox away, "Let's go hear the verdict."She says while helping me up,we walk back in and sit where we sat before the short break.

"All rise."The guard says when the judge walks in, "Thank you,you may be seated."She says after sitting down.

"After thorough investigation and deliberation we have come to the conclusion that Mr. Rafael Rodriguez is not guilty of all the above mentioned accusations due to an insufficient amount of evidence."She says before hitting the gavel , "Court is adjourned."And as soon as those words left her lips,a ruckus began to stir in the court room,paparazzi clicking their cameras,people whispering and pointing, "They must have bribed her." A person says from behind, "No they must have threatened her."One of them hums in response, "Yes that is a possibility you know how evil these people are they are absolutely ludicrous."

"Let's go home Mia."Maria says while tears roll down my eyes,I cannot believe he won,he got away with it,all of it!

"I'm sorry Mia."Paula says while we enter the car,pity evident in her tone.The car ride home was silent,no one uttered a word not even a small cough was let out.I was the first person to step out the car once we reached the house, "Mia dear where are you going,don't you want to have something to eat first?"

"No thank you,all I want to do is sleep."

__________
*Unedited*
Shame poor Mia,what do you guys think is going to happen next?let me know in the comments below.