Chpater Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

"Mia you alright?"Paula asks rushing in my room, "Did they hurt you?"Maria pulls me closer and starts examining me.I slip out of her embrace before looking at Paula, "I'm okay." I look to Maria, "And no they didn't hurt me."

"Why are you so calm?"Paula asks, "If it was me I would be hysterically cry!"Maria looks at me with a perplexed look, "Yes she's right,why are you calm?You actually seem more happy than scared,why is that?"Maria questions, "Yes I'm happy."I grab a box, "Im happy because I finally get to leave this house with nothing but-"I wipe a tear, "Nothing but bad memories."

Welcome home Mia Anderson,this is your new home now,come let me take you back to your room.I promise I'll cooperate if you untie me.Please stop.Stop struggling it doesn't have to be painful.What I'm I doing here?Strip.My sweet Muffin,shhh I'll try to be gentle b-

"Mia!"I shake my head going out of my state of thought, "S-sorry,w-what were you saying?"I blink a few times trying to hold in the tears that came with flashbacks from the past, "Are you sure you're okay?"Paula asks, "Y-yes I-I'm fine,w-what did you need?" I take another box from the bed, "I've been asking you what you want me to pack in from this closet."She asks pointing to the closet that mostly consisted of  jeans and t-shirts. "Nothing."Paula gives me a perplexed look, "Why?"I sigh, "Paula look at me,I'm like 500 pounds."I grab a jean from the closet and hold it again my legs, "One leg would fit in these jeans."Paula chuckles, "Mia don't you think you're overreacting just a little bit ."

"I'm really not,these two little humans in here made me look and feel like an elephant."

"Mia."

"I'm being honest."

"See?"I say after trying on my white Nike crop top,I mean baggy gym T-shirt.Paula stares at my exposed belly, "Point taken,I'll pack these in later for myself."She gives me a smile, "Now take that off you look like Winnie the Pooh."I hit her with a pillow, "One day this will be you."Paula grabs the big box filled with coats next to the bed, "Never going to happen,I don't want kids."She says while walking out.

"It's always the ones that say they don't want kids that end up with a soccer team."

********
Rafael's POV

"Well how the fuck did they manage to enter the house then André!?"I ask anger and frustration evident in my tone, "I-I don't know sir."

"Of co-"Sorry I'm late."My sentence is cut off by my right hand man,Jerry who comes in limping.I look him up and down before asking, "What happened to your leg Cooper?Why  are you limping?" I take a sip of my whiskey, "And why are you late the meeting started thirty minutes ago."

"I-I umm."

"Answer the damn question Copper!Why are you limping and why are you late!?"I exclaim the prominent vain on my forehead now letting itself be shown, "S-sir-I grab him by the neck and pin him to the door, "I am going to ask you one more time and you better give me the right answer Cooper!"He gasps for air, "Are you the one who betrayed us Jerry?Were you the one who brought those pathetic men here to destroy my house and kill me and my family Cooper!?"He tries to pull my hands off his next while gasping for air, "N-" he inhales, "N-O,I w-would never d-d-do t-that" He coughs, "to you boss."

"I shot the scumbag that was trying to destroy  my property on his right foot before the little bustard was pulled into that pathetic thing they call a  helicopter and now you come here thirty minutes late,limping because you have injury on your right foot."I look him in the eye, "Coincidence?"I pull out a gun from my back pocket, "I think not!"

"Brat."

"What?"

"Let him explain himself before you is kill him,me don't think he is to do that Jerry is to never betray us not after all us is do for the him."Alex has always been the soft,sensible one.His gullible-ness gets on my last nerve.I sigh, "Start talking Cooper."I let him go, "Your life depends on it."I say before walking towards my  bar to pour myself a double shot of whiskey because I have a feeling I'm going to need it. "T-thank you b-boss."I take my glass that was now empty and I throw it directly at him,but that bustard was too fast he moved away before the glass could intertwine with his head"Start talking damn it!"

"I-it was your uncle who planned the attack."Alexandro and I look at each other before looking back at him.

"Men give us some space,take  all the boxes to the new house,we'll meet you there."They nod and give a salute before walking out.

"Talk."

____________
*Unedited*