Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

It's been about three weeks since I've been here and every single day has been worse than the last. The growing pains,headaches and trying to avoid Rafael but there is a place where I feel a sense of serenity a place that gives me comfort. The garden.

A pair of footsteps walk in,"Oh I love that book!" Paula states bringing me out of thought, "Paula you gave me a fright!"She chuckles, "Sorry."

"It's okay,what did you need."I say while patting the slightly wet grass next to me, "Oh nothing I just came to check up on you,we are about to leave."She says while bending down to sit next to me, "Oh okay w-

"Paula,it's time to go!"Maria exclaims, "Coming!"Paula gives me a pitiful look and a warm embrace before standing up, "Bye Mi's I'll see you tomorrow."I reach out my hand so that she can help me up, "When you come,I'll be at the doctor's I have an appointment at eight."

"Oh yeah I forgot,did you tell Mr Rodriguez?"I sigh, "No I've been avoiding him,but I'll tell him later on today."Paula grabs her bag from the couch and walks towards the front door, "Is he going to go wit-

"No."I interrupt, "Sheesh,okay well I-

"Paula!"

"Coming,sorry dad is in a hurry that's why mom didn't come greet he has to go pick Mr.Alex up."She says while giving me one last final hug before she walks away.

Walking to the kitchen to prepare myself a quick snack,"Could you please make me some for all time sake." I didn't even bother to turn my back towards him,"I missed having your presence around." I walk over to reach for the milk,"I would like to apologise." He places his hand on my shoulder and I immediately yank it away,turning around angrily," No you wouldn't you want me to pretend that getting kidnapped and molested never happened." Rafael's body language changes from soft to intense,his veins pops out and he clinches his fists, "Don't use that tone with me." He says through grinted teeth and he grabs my wrist,"Or else!" My eyes meet his,"Or else what?"

"You know what."Refeal says bluntly. "You know what I didn't get to have a choice then but I do now." I replied aggressively and he simply chuckles while leaning back on the counters with his hands folded. "I choice to stand up for myself." I gently pick up my plate and walk away.

*******
Rafael's Pov

I'm seated in my study room going over a couple of business papers and contracts when suddenly I hear a voice from behind the door,"Ralfi!" I put my hand on my temple looking down while giving a defeated chuckle , "Brat,how's you do ?" Alex asks while walking in.I roll out of my wooden table, "It's going well brat how about you?"I ask while giving him a pat on the back.

"It's going the well,just tired a small little."Alex answers while slamming his body on the brown leather chair, "Thank you."He says after taking the whiskey, "Where's the Mia?"I take a sip of my whiskey, "She's in her room."I say irritation evident in my tone, "And now?"Alex questions.

"What?"

"Why do you sound so paranoid?"He ask with a raised eyebrow, "The word is annoyed and I'm annoyed because she's back to her old ways."I say while scrunching up my face because of the strong whisky, "What you mean old ways?"

"She's not listening to me,she's been ignoring me all week."I take another sip, "And it's starting to get on my nerves."

"Do you blame her?"Alex says while getting up, "Where are you going?"I ask before he turns the door handle, "I'm go to see her."

"She's not going to open the door,you're just wasting your time."I warn and Alex simply just shrugs his shoulders and walks out.

____________
*Unedited*
Sorry for the late update,been busy with school work!Let me know how you feel about the chapter in the comment below.

Xoxo
B