O N E

May 23, 2021

AMINA BROWN

—————————

"Jaydin let's go." I called out to my 2 year old daughter, who was currently picking out her own outfit. She had been begging me to for a few weeks now and I finally decided to let her. Never again.

"Dada house?" She questioned, running down the hallway. My eyes widened in surprise.

She had on a black and white adidas shirt, with blue ripped jeans.

"Where's your shoes Jay Jay?" I asked her. She simply shrugged her shoulders reaching for me. I chuckled at her silly ness picking her up and taking her back to her room.

"Can you get the black shoes with stripes on them?" I pointed to the Adidas shoe that would match her outfit.

She nodded and I set her down. She ran over to her shoe bin, holding up the shoe.

"Yeah, come on so mommy can put it on. Your daddy is waiting for you." I told her. She smiled sitting on the floor and I bent down to her level.

After about 10 minutes of struggling, I finally got the shoe on for her and picked her up.

I grabbed her Minnie Mouse backpack, and headed to the front door and then to the car.

I made sure to buckle up Jaydin in her car seat tightly, before getting into the front.

I put on my seatbelt, and started the car up before pulling off.

"Mama?" Jaydin asked.

"What happened baby?" I looked through my rear view mirror.

"Dada girlfwiend gonna be dere?" She asked and I stopped at a red light.

"What girlfriend?" I slightly turned to her. Confusion written all over my face.

She shrugged her shoulders and I turned back around in my seat, noticing the light was green.

A car honked at me, and I stuck my middle finger out the window, pulling off again.

"MOMMY! BAD !" Jaydin yelled, and I quickly put my finger back into the car.

"I'm sorry." I told her, finally pulling into her father's house.

My phone started to ring and I answered it.

"Where ma' daughter at?" He questioned and i inwardly rolled my eyes.